nervous

Scott clutched the cart handle as tightly as he could, chewing his lip nervously. A total of forty dollars was tucked in his pocket - that's the only money he could afford to use.

Mitch was next to him, holding Scott's arm tightly and glancing around nervously. They were both anxious to get out of that store, Scott because he hated shopping and Mitch because there was too many people for his liking. He trusted Scott, even though he'd only known him for a couple days, because the blond just gave off an aura that was sweet and kind and so far it seemed like he was. After all, he had taken Mitch in when no one else would when it was clear he couldn't afford it. Why would an evil person do that?

Besides, Scott was really attractive. Mitch still thought about last night when he saw Scott almost naked. In fact, the image was practically burned into his mind's eye. Mitch wanted to touch Scott and he wanted him to touch him back.

He knew he'd have to tell Scott he was gay eventually, but he planned on taking his time. I mean, the reason he was on the streets was that he was gay. He didn't want to risk losing his new home and his first friend.

"Do you want to get your clothes first or do you want to get the food?" Scott asked, looking around nervously. "Anything is fine," Mitch answered quietly, tensing as another customer got closer to him and taking a step towards Scott. Scott hesitated, but eventually led Mitch over to the men's section. "You can have anything you want." Even as he said it, his voice wavered and he clutched onto the cart handle tighter. Mitch knew Scott couldn't afford it - he had seen the blond get the forty dollars out of the safe and knew it wouldn't pay for the things he wanted.

"Scott, I can just wear your clothes—"

"They're too big."

"That's okay..."

"They're not good enough for you."

"Scott—"

"Just pick something." Scott's voice cracked from stress.

Mitch sighed and forced himself to let go of Scott's arm so he could roam the aisles. Nothing really appealed to him - however, he could see the soft cardigans and sweaters in the women's section and instantly wanted them, but he didn't want Scott to think he was disgusting or weird or something. "Um, S-Scottie?"

"What?" Scott said hoarsely, forcing his gaze back to Mitch. Mitch hesitated for a moment, bracing himself. "Can- can we look in the women's section?" Scott just nodded and walked across the tile to the said section, leaving a stunned Mitch to trail after him.

Mitch eventually picked out a shirts and a pair of skinny jeans, all clearance or on sale, and then Scott moved on to food. "Anything in particular you'd like?" he asked Mitch distractedly, glancing around almost fearfully. "No," Mitch answered quietly, his hand finding Scott's. Scott decided to simply stick to his usual routine of finding the cheapest items possible.

Everything was going fine until checkout. Scott locked eyes with a man a few lines down and he immediately had to suppress a shudder, memories flashing through his mind. Mitch noticed and frowned, squeezing his hand to get his attention. "Scottie?"

"Wh-What?" Scott stammered, forcing his gaze away from the man to look down at Mitch.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm f-fine."

He bought the stuff - luckily, he had enough - and tried to hurry out with Mitch, but the man sidled in his way before he could. Scott immediately flinched and stared at the floor, nervously trying to meet his eyes. "Hello, Scottie," the man purred, his eyes raking up and down Scott's body. "H-H-Hello, s-sir," Scott murmured shakily, subconsciously tightening his grip on Mitch's hand. The brunet watched nervously and inched behind Scott.

"I'll be seeing you again tonight?"

"I-If you'd l-like, s-s-sir."

"I would. Very much so. You were the best one I've ever had."

"Th-Thank you, s-sir."

"Mhm." This was when the man noticed the small boy trembling behind Scott, and his lips curved into a smirk. "Who's this?" he murmured softly, trying to look behind Scott to see him properly. Scott shook his head and hid Mitch behind himself, refusing to let him get hurt. "No one." The man scoffed, but dropped the matter. "Whatever. I'll see you tonight." And he was gone.

Scott let out a shaky breath and ushered Mitch out of the store.