sunshine

i'm so original

and a bad author ugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away."

Scott squeezed his eyes shut at the silence that followed, the voice immediately hissing in his ear. Mitch hated it. He's going to leave you. Maybe he's finally realized that you're just a good-for-nothing sl*t and that he deserves better than the likes of you.

But Mitch didn't hate him. He was stunned into silence.

Tears gathered in Scott's closed eyes and a small sob escaped his lips. "I'm sorry," he whispered, going to pull away, but Mitch held him where he was. "Scott, that was... that was gorgeous," he breathed. However, Scott didn't believe him, certain it was all a ruse. He sobbed and pulled away completely, scratching at his arms as he sat up to stand. "You're going to leave me. You hate me. God, I've ruined everything again, I'm so sorry—"

Mitch kissed him. He kissed him with all the passion and love he could muster, cupping Scott's cheeks and holding him close. Scott kissed back as his tears flowed faster, thinking that Mitch wanted to use him before he kicked him out, but obviously that wasn't the case. Mitch wrapped his arms around Scott's neck and tilted his head to deepen the kiss, hoping Scott knew how much he loved him.

"You have such a beautiful voice, baby," Mitch whispered against Scott's lips, pulling him closer. "No," Scott whispered back, turning away and breaking the kiss. Mitch slowly opened his eyes to see Scott standing up, but he quickly moved in front of him and stared into his eyes. "Baby. I know you may not believe me, but your voice is gorgeous. Just like you. Everything about you is beautiful, and you are loved. You are so, so unbelievably loved. I'm so hopelessly in love with you, princess. I'm not going to leave you, I'm not going to make you leave, I swear I love you more than anything in this world and nothing you can do will change that. Nothing. I promise. I swear on my life." Scott stared back with tearful eyes, but he didn't move. "I love you too," he whispered barely audibly, and Mitch broke into a relieved smile. He stepped forward and hugged Scott tightly, burying his face in his chest. "You're my everything."

"You're my home."

Mitch smiled even wider and pulled away, only to bring Scott back onto the bed and into his arms. "You should get back to sleep, darling," he said quietly, and Scott blushed at the nickname, hiding his face in Mitch's chest. "Okay," he whispered. Mitch held Scott close and pulled the covers over them, absentmindedly trailing his fingers through Scott's hair to help him sleep. Scott's eyes drooped closed and his breathing slowed as he neared unconsciousness, and Mitch smiled lovingly down at the boy in his arms. "Goodnight, my angel."