lie

the krusty krab is unfair

mr. krabs is in there

standing at the concession

plotting his oppression

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Scott inevitably had to go back to work, he was scared. He didn't want to leave and have the man find him again, or even worse, one of his old clients figure out where he lived and do something to Mitch. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to Mitch.

"Come on, baby. Nothing's going to happen," Mitch said gently, doing his best to reassure his fiancé. He was worried too, but he wasn't about to let Scott know that. Scott whimpered and pressed himself against Mitch, trembling in his arms. "B-But what if s-someone gets you? I c-can't lose you, M-Mitchy..." Mitch sighed and shook his head, his fingers tracing patterns on Scott's lower back. "I'll be fine, princess. I promise you. I'll be waiting for you when you get home." Scott held onto Mitch's shirt and buried his face in his neck. "I don't wanna l-leave you..."

"Sweetheart, you have to work. Don't you want to get married one day? We can't do that if we don't have enough money, and with both of us working, we'll get there faster. Please, go to work today. I promise I'll still be here. Everything will be fine."

Scott whimpered, but he leaned up and connected their lips. Mitch kissed him back gently, cupping his cheeks. It took a few moments for Scott to will himself to pull away, but once he did, he offered Mitch a weak smile. "B-Bye, Mitchy. I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl."

+++

Scott's hands shook as he reached out to unlock the door to his and Mitch's home. He was terrified Mitch wouldn't be there, but as soon as he opened the door, Mitch's arms were around him. "Oh, I'm so proud of you," Mitch whispered, doing his best to keep the relief out of his voice. Scott sobbed softly and quickly hugged him tightly, burying his face in his hair.

"I was s-so sc-scared..."

"I know, baby girl, but you did it. You're safe."

"I th-thought you wouldn't b-be h-here..."

"I promised you I would, didn't I? I would never lie to you, princess. Come on, let's get you inside." Mitch closed the door and led Scott to the couch, sitting him down. "I'll be right back, love," he murmured, pressing a kiss to his forehead before heading into the kitchen. Scott whimpered when he left and curled up on the couch, but it wasn't long before Mitch returned with a bowl of cereal. "Eat up, honey," Mitch said softly, giving him the food.

After Scott had choked down the food, Mitch took the plate to the sink and led Scott to their bedroom, gently helping into his pajamas and changing with him. He laid in bed and brought Scott down beside him. "Sleep, baby." Scott sniffled and buried his face in Mitch's neck, curling up in his arms. "Goodnight, Mitchy. I love you."

"I love you too, Scotty. Sweet dreams."