jealous

ew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day wasn't eventful. Scott sat curled in his chair with his book open in his lap, and Mitch was trying to figure out how to work the computers. The only sound was the clicking of Mitch's mouse and the rustle of Scott's book's pages.

Until the bell dinged. Scott immediately sat straight up, pushing his glasses up his nose and watching in awe as a girl hesitantly walked into the library. "Hi," Scott said once he'd found his voice, waving slightly and smiling. The girl quickly looked over, tense, but relaxed when she saw him. "Hello. Are you the librarian?" she asked, walking over. Mitch hid behind a bookshelf, watching jealously.

Scott nodded, smiling wider. "Yes, I am. My name is Scott. How may I help you?"

The girl glanced back at all of the books. "I was wondering if you had a book called Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library? I'm sorry, I don't remember the author..."

"It's okay!" Scott said brightly. "I've read that book, it's one of my favorites. Follow me."

Mitch quickly moved so they wouldn't see him, but watched the girl carefully. He didn't like the way she was looking at his Scottie, even though she appeared to have in interest in him whatsoever. He just didn't like that she was looking at him.

Mitch tried to tell himself that Scott didn't belong to him - not yet, at least. "You don't know the things I've done." Those seven words scared Mitch more than anything. What if his Scott was a murderer? What if he was planning to kill Mitch all along? Scott was the first person he'd trusted in a long, long time, and he did it so quickly. Mitch was going to seriously regret his stupidity if Scott killed him.

Scott found the book for the girl and handed it to her, smiling. "Here you go!" The girl smiled back and took it. "Thanks. May I check it out?"

"Of course!" Scott quickly led her back to his desk and scanned the barcode, then handed it back to her. She thanked him quietly, but she was watching Scott's face curiously. He shifted slightly uncomfortably under her gaze, clutching his chair to hide the fact that he was trembling. "Is s-something wrong?" he asked quietly, and the girl allowed her gaze to travel over his body. "You're Scott Hoying, right?" Scott swallowed nervously, but slowly nodded. "Yes, ma'am," he said, his voice wavering. The girl allowed a small smirk to spread across her lips and she pulled Scott closer to her by the collar, whispering in his ear. He paled at her words, trembling harder. "Yes, Mistress," he whispered barely audibly, and she pulled away with another smirk. "See you later, sl*t." And then, she was gone.

Mitch was outraged. He didn't like the girl touching Scott, but he almost didn't like how scared he looked after even more. He marched over to Scott, and the blond quickly looked up, but flinched and looked back down at his lap when he saw how angry Mitch looked. He was still trembling in his seat, staring at his hands. Mitch slowly forced himself to relax and carefully maneuvered behind the desk, kneeling in front of Scott and tilting his head up gently. "What's wrong, Scottie? Why are you scared?" he asked gently, but Scott shook his head and looked away. "I can't tell you."

"Sure, you can. What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you," Scott repeated, his voice wavering and his arms slowly wrapping themselves around his stomach. Mitch frowned and gently kissed him. "Fine," he said softly after he pulled away, sitting down in Scott's lap. Scott immediately wrapped his arms around Mitch instead and held him close to his chest, letting out a shaky breath and burying his face in Mitch's hair.

They had no more visitors, but Mitch didn't really mind. He had Scott all to himself.