all i need

i'm sick and i feel like death so this chapter is going to be absolute crap but when is it not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger warning: brief mention of suicide

Over the next couple days, Scott slowly got back to normal. He was still scared, of course, but he just thought of Mitch whenever he felt his heartbeat speeding up and usually the feeling passed.

Currently, the pair was cuddling under the covers. Scott was wrapped up in Mitch's arms, his face buried in Mitch's chest. Mitch's eyes were closed, and his fingers were massaging the back of Scott's neck absentmindedly. Scott sighed softly and moved closer to him, holding onto Mitch's shirt. "Mitchy?"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry I won't have sex with you."

"When it's between you and me, it's making love, darling. And it's perfectly okay. I don't want to do anything until you're ready."

"B-But... Isn't that what relationships are for? S-Sex?"

"No, love. When you date someone, it's because they make you happy and you enjoy being around them."

"You enjoy being around m-me?"

"Of course I do. You're so, so sweet, and kind, and caring, and selfless, and not to mention absolutely gorgeous. You saved my life, remember?"

"H-How?"

"I was on the streets and you took me in. I would've died if it weren't for you. I couldn't help but fall in love with you."

Scott blushed lightly and peeked up at Mitch. "I couldn't just leave you there..."

"So many people before you had, baby," Mitch murmured, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "You're the most selfless person I've ever met."

"Wh-Why were you on the streets, anyway?"

"My parents kicked me out when I told them I was gay."

Scott frowned slightly and nuzzled against him. "I'm sorry."

Mitch shrugged, pulling him closer. "I don't really care about them anymore. If they don't want me, I don't need them. I have you now, anyway." He smiled a bit and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "And you're all I need."

Scott blushed deeply and curled up, moving almost on top of Mitch. "You saved my life too, you know."

"Really?"

"Mhm. I probably would've killed myself a long time ago if I hadn't found you."

Mitch frowned and slipped his fingers just under the hem of Scott's shirt, rubbing gentle circles into his back. "Baby..."

"It's okay. I don't want to anymore. Not as much, at least."

Mitch tilted Scott's head up to connect their lips. "I'm glad. I love you too much to let you leave me."

"I love you too, Mitchy."