8

Narcissa

As soon as Narcissa got a glance at Draco, she froze. He first thought was why would Draco roll around in mud? But it was soon replaced with someone did this to him.

Narcissa's heart broke at the sight of her baby soaked and covered in mud. She never realized up until now about how horrible she had been treating her son.

It wasn't fair to him. He didn't deserve any of the yelling. He didn't deserve any hard times. He didn't. He should be happy. But he isn't. He should be spending time with friends. But he isn't. He should be smiling. But he isn't.

It took Narcissa so long to see that Draco was unhappy. It took her baby getting soaked; seeing the sadness on his face when he had to set his books down. Seeing the tears in his eyes as he puffed his dress shirt out. Seeing the pain he tried to hide behind a mask. It all broke Narcissa's heart in half.

"Baby...come with me. Let's get you washed up, then daddy will get you some clean clothes." She said softly to him, seeing Draco tear up again. He hadn't been able to call his father that in such a long time.

Narcissa guided him upstairs, sending a sad look at her husband. She took Draco to the bathroom. "Here, honey. We got you new clothes and towels. Daddy didn't know where to get the other thing, so you'll have to get that. Okay?"

Draco nodded silently and shut the door. Narcissa teared up when she heard Draco hiccuping and trying to hold on sobs. Lucius took her away from the bathroom so Draco could have privacy, and pulled her to his chest.

"He's not happy." She sobbed. "We've been so horrible to him. And for what? For—"

"Don't, Cissa, please. It's hurting me too. I don't want to bring it up and have us more upset." Lucius whispered, rubbing her back.

Narcissa whimpered and curled up to him. "B-but..."

"Baby..." Lucius said quietly, pleading. "Please."

"Okay," she whimpered.

After twenty minutes, Draco came back into view, now clean and looking a little happier. Narcissa had him sit down across from him.

"What happened?" Narcissa asked quietly. Draco shook his head. "Baby, please,"

He sighed. "Some guys from school had a mud fight or something..."

"Bullshit. Tell us the real reason." Lucius said. Narcissa curled up to his side.

Draco looked down. "There's these guys at school who pick on me for...you know...and they took their truck and ran through the mud puddles outside of school, and then this happened."

Lucius looked outraged. "I'm going to the school." He stood up.

"No, dad please!" Draco cried, standing up to stop him. "You can't, daddy, please!"

"Why?" Lucius growled, softening at Draco calling him that name. "Why not? I want to make sure that the school nows about this! They said you'd be safe there!"

"You'll make it worse, you will! They'll pick on me even more and beat me up and—and they said—"

"Draco, please, I need to!"

"No!" Draco screamed in hysterics, tears streaming down his face. Narcissa stood up abruptly and hurried over to them.

Lucius looked shocked. He stared down at his son, who was now sobbing as he clung to his arm. He was desperately pulling at his arm in an attempt to make him stay. It broke his heart to see him this way.

Lucius pulled Draco into his arms and let him cry.