Chapter 2: Dreaming amd remembering.

Sage

The test didn't work on you. They call it divergent. That line in the film got me every time. Magnus used to hate watching it. If I'm being honest, he called it a pile of unreal futuristic crap. And that is why I was glad that I'm not awake right now. Because if the worst thing that's happening in this dream is us re-watching a cringey action film, then I don't want to go back to reality. I remember the pinch of a needle on my arm as I was thrown onto the table. I remember everyone shouting and I remember the pain of liquid fire racing through my veins. Then I felt myself fading away and now I'm here. In an alternate reality inside my own head, watching a film and eating popcorn with my best friend.

Well it could be worse. we could be watching Cinderella. I did that for a joke once. Never again. Moving on...

I feel calm and relaxed but underneath the layers of happiness, I could still feel undertone of unbearable pain. My brain struggles to comprehend exactly what has happened. I remember Magnus calling my name but I dont know if the same thing had happened to him. Im guessing yes. The dream falters, as if it knows that I can't quite keep up the pretence of ignorance. It's trying to bring me back into the real world. And I don't want to go. Because I know that it will be hell. Probably worse. My inner voice starts arguing with me, as it does when you are making life threatening decisions. I need to go back. No I don't. I can stay. You can't. Magnus needs you. When has he ever needed anyone. Good point. I sweep my dark curls away from my face and sigh. Then I close my eyes and let my mind wander. In the distance I hear shouts and screams. I see flashing lights but they are dulled. I focus and gradually they get brighter. The sounds get louder. I groan internally and allow myself to be dragged back into the world of the living.

A/N: picture of sage at the top. (Kat graham)