Chapter 11: Sleep

Magnus:

We are above the clouds now, soaring past an infinite stretch of land, I give Sage a final push on to the helicopter and she's up, I climb up after her and join her in the helicopter. All of what remains of the once 12 strong group are aboard the aircraft now, the cockpit is covered by a steel plate that looks too strong to break down. I don't know how I feel about the people running the tests, I feel so angry that their tests have lead to the deaths of my friends but I know that this is for a bigger cause and so I stop Tyler from charging at the plate. "Let them do their job, we will find out what all of this is after the tests, right now we need to focus." He nods, I can see Sage sitting on one of the chairs and I walk over to the one next to her and sit. "Sleep....." She moans, leaning on me. I listen to her breathing slow and feel her go limp, she is fast asleep. I rest my head on hers and soon enough, I drift of too.

We are awoken by the sound of the helicopter, landing with a jolt, Me and Sage stand up, looking around and rubbing my eyes I notice that everyone is doing the same, we were all asleep. When we took off it was midday and now the sun is setting, we all step out of the chopper and take in our surroundings. We are in an area surrounded by thick trees and shrubs. The helicopter takes off and all it leaves behind is a piece of paper, on it are the words 'Build a tent, make protection and survive the night.' I look to Sage and all she says is, "Let's get started."