December 8th

"Are you ready to head out?"

"Yes, just a moment, though. I have to manage this goddamn fly."

"Wait, I'll help you." The dark blonde man stepped up to his husband and tied up the piece of fabric, careful not to do it too tight. "You look so handsome in this suit."

"And so do you." Scott leaned over and pressed a soft kiss on Alex's lips. "Though I'm already looking forward to take this thing off your body."

Alex smirked. "Of course you are. I cannot wait either, believe me." He kissed him back before he grabbed his husband's jacket and helped him to put it on.

"I know, but first there's dinner and the reception" Scott replied.

Alex sighed, an unhappy expression on his face. "I still hate it that I am dragging you with me on our last night together. I'd rather be alone with you than shaking a million hands and making idle conversation."

Scott smiled at him, kissing his cheek. "But we'll have dinner together and there still is a night. I can sleep on the plane and you have the day off tomorrow, so... we'll be more than fine. Plus - without this reception you wouldn't be able to see me in this suit."

Alex chuckled. "You're right there" he said and looked at his watch."The uber should be here, let's go."

About half an hour later, the two men were sitting in their favourite restaurant, having some wine in front them which they are nursing and sharing a platter of small appetisers.

"When are you going to be home again?" Alex asked. "You weren't exactly sure about everything."

Scott nodded. "I wasn't sure, because scheduling was pretty poor this time. It's nobody's fault, though, just the way things are. The problem is that we have things to do in New York until around the tenth and then we have another round of appointments in Nashville on the 13. and 14., so we were debating coming home, but it would be more stressful than anything else, so we'll stay in New York for an off day and have another day to ourselves in Nashville. So yeah, I'll finally be home on December 15."

Alex smiled when Scott explained all of this to him. "That's only a little bit over two weeks and still I'll miss you."

"Yeah, it's a bummer that you can't make it, that your business trip was cancelled" Scott replied.

Alex grimaced and nodded. "Believe me, I have never looked forward to a business trip that much before" he said.

Scott chuckled while he chewed on a piece of delicious fish. "I understand. But I'm glad that I get at least nine days at home before Christmas. It has been different over the last years."

Alex nodded. "Definitely. And I am not complaining."

The rest of the dinner was filled with light conversation, delicious food and loving glances over the table.

But it wasn't long until they paid the cheque and left headed for the reception, Alex needed to make an appearance at.

"Now for the fun part of the night" he said sarcastically as they got out of their uber in front of the bar where the reception would take place.

"It won't be too bad. Just some idle conversations, some drinks and lots of smiling" Scott replied. "And if it gets too much just think about taking off my suit later at night." He whispered the second part and smirked when he felt Alex's breath hitch in his throat.

"Okay, but we're making this short and sweet, I need to be alone with you if you keep talking like that" Alex said.

Scott still smirked, satisfied that he managed to make his husband feel like that. "Short and sweet now, long and tasty later?"

"Stop it now, will you? This is a work thing" Alex scolded, but Scott could still hear the playful undertone.

"Of course, Sweetie." Scott pecked his husband's lips and took his hand. "Off we go."

~~~~~~~~~~