December 6th

"So, Mitchie, which presents do you still need?" Scott wanted to know.

The best friends had decided to do some Christmas shopping before heading to New York. So they met up early to start with a good breakfast before heading to the stores.

"Something for Avi, I don't know what, yet, but we'll definitely see about it" Mitch said. "Maybe some clothes or some jewellery." He shrugged his shoulders. "We'll see about that."

"We will" Scott said. "What else is on your list?"

"A phone for my Mum, a new laptop for Dad, some smaller things I might find along the way and maybe some new garments for me" Mitch listed. "But we'll see about the latter. What about you?"

"I still have Kirstie on my list, she's been all over that one perfume lately and I've checked with Jeremy, he's going to get her something else, so I'll definitely get it for her. Then something for my Dad, I don't know yet. And something for Alex. Something small, yet meaningful" Scott explained.

"Mmhm... we'll find something" Mitch took another sip of his coffee. "Maybe you can get him some jewellery as well? Maybe with something engraved on it. Something he would wear a lot."

"You're not wrong" Scott said. "I'll let you guide me." He chuckled softly and emptied his coffee. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, just wait a second" Mitch said and quickly emptied his mug as well.

~

Two hours later, Mitch and Scott had gotten everything but the present for Alex. They had looked around each and every shop, but Scott just wasn't sure about what he wanted to get him.

That was until they entered a small jewellery store.

"Look, Scott" Mitch said. "What about this pendant? You could maybe engrave something on the back. He can either wear it on a silver necklace or a leather one."

Scott looked at it and finally smiled and nodded. "Yes, I think, I'll take it. This is perfect." He walked up to the counter and waited for the saleswoman to help him.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asked him.

"I would like to buy a pendant and maybe have something engraved on its back if this is possible" Scott explained.

"Of course we can do this" she said. "Just show me the piece of your choice and we'll see about the rest."

Scott pointed to the vitrine. "The one in the middle, the oval one" he said and waited for the woman to get the pendant.

"Very well" she said. "We can actually engrave this one. The best thing would be if you can write down the exact text so we don't mess up." She handed him a piece of paper and a pen.

Scott didn't need to think long, he quickly wrote down the lines he wanted Alex to always carry with him:

"'Cause all of me loves all of you."

"Aww, how sweet, your song!" Mitch said.

"Mmhm" Scott hummed and smiled proudly. He gave back pen and paper. "That's all" he said.

"Sweet" the saleswoman said. "Now I only need your name. You can pick it up after noon tomorrow."

"Scott Hoy-" the blonde shook his head. "Scott Kirk-Hoying, sorry still have to get used to it." He blushed slightly.

Mitch giggled and quickly jumped to the side when Scott shoved him playfully.

The saleswoman chuckled. "Well, Congratulations on your marriage" she said. "I guess this piece is for your husband?"

Scott nodded. "Yes, it's for Alex" he said.

"Well, then I'll make sure that this piece gets extra beautiful" she said.

"Thank you" Scott said. He then paid and said his goodbyes.

"So, Mr Kirk-Hoying" Mitch said, putting emphasise on the 'Kirk'. "How about some coffee? Mommy needs to rest her feet."

"You, my dear will struggle at some point of time, too, Mr soon-to-be-Kaplan" Scott said. "But definitely yes to coffee."

"I won't. I still have about three months to get ready" Mitch said.

"You will" Scott simply stated and winked at him. "But we love it."

"We love it!"