December 14th

Kirstie was more than happy to have a day off in New York. She just loved running around without really having to be somewhere at some point of time. It was just her, Esther and Nicole and the mall.

They went shopping for a bit, getting some stuff for themselves and some Christmas presents as well and just had a fun day.

"Shall we grab some food, I am hungry" Kirstie said after they exited a make-up store with yet another few bags added to their tired arms.

Esther looked to Nicole and then took out her phone, nodding after a moment. "Yeah, but only a small snack, I should get back to the hotel room, there's still so much work I have to do."

Kirstie pouted. "Oh no."

Esther shrugged her shoulders. "Well, but you just do you, I'll be alright without you."

"Let's go to Central Park. I've always wanted to see the ice skating rink and all the lights! It will be awesome now that it's getting dark" Nicole said ecstatic. "We could have a hot chocolate and just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere."

Kirstie raised an eyebrow. "What about our stuff? I'm not up to carry thousands of shopping bags with me all through Central Park" she stated.

"I'll take them" Esther said immediately. "I'm going back to the hotel anyway, you just have to pick them up fro my room once you get back."

"Thank you, Esther" Nicole said immediately. "See, Kirstie" she said. "Esther is taking care of them. So let's go!"

Kirstie rolled her eyes. "I've heard her. Seriously, what is wrong with the two of you?"

"Nothing" Esther said. "Now come on, you've wanted to have a snack, right?"

After a little snack they crammed into a cab which would stop at Central Park for Nicole and Kirstie and then take Esther back to the hotel.

Kirstie really enjoyed walking around the park while breathing in the crisp air and talking to Nicole. They even had some hot chocolate while watching the people on the ice skating rink having fun. What Kirstie noticed though was that Nicole was on her phone rather often, she always excused herself when she glanced at it, but it was unusual for her.

"What is it with you today, Nicole? Having a secret admirer?" Kirstie therefore joked when she had finished her chocolate while Nicole looked at her phone once again, grinning when she put it back into her pocket.

Nicole chuckled. "None that I would know of" she returned and took Kirstie's empty mug. "I'll just return them real quick, wait here for me."

Kirstie nodded and just stayed where she was while Nicole disappeared into the crowd. She was lost in her thoughts so she didn't react when someone tapped her shoulder thinking it was just done by accident.

When she smelled a very familiar cologne she just breathed in, because it reminded her of home, of the one she missed most. And then her heart stopped for a split second when she realised who was standing right in front of her. "Hello, Princess."

"Jeremy!" Kirstie exclaimed, hugging her husband frantically. "What are you doing here?" She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes for a moment before looking at him. "Just... how?"

Jeremy grinned at her. "I've got a few meetings starting the day after tomorrow and so I decided to fly in a few days ahead and spend them with you. Oh and newsflash, you're not joining the rest of the band on their flight to Nashville tomorrow. Esther has booked your flight for the day after."

Kirstie's eyes lit up. "So that means we get to spend tomorrow together?"

Jeremy chuckled. "Well unless you've got other plans?"

Kirstie shook her head. "No, not when you're here. Never." She stood on the tip of her toes and kissed him. "You don't know how happy I am, Jeremy. You're here."

"Believe me, Princess, I've got quite the idea" Jeremy returned before he leaned in to kiss his wife again, making it last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~