December 9th

New York. Snow was falling slowly and the air was clear but very, very fresh. It seemed to be way too cold to perform outside, yet they had to make it work. After all many people had come out to see them sing. And it wasn't a short set either, they had about an hour of stage time to fill. 

So the band put more effort in getting ready for the performance, after all they needed to look good, yet be warm enough to make it through their set.

"This doesn't work, Mitch. You need to have more layers. You do have some leggins with you, don't you?" Avi commented when he saw the outfit his fiancé chose to wear. It consisted of a flowy, wide pair of trousers, a turtleneck and a fitting coat.

Mitch sighed. "At the hotel room, yes" he said. "But we don't have time to go back right now, Nicole is already waiting for me. I will make it work."

Avi rolled his eyes. "You are going to freeze so much and I don't want you to get sick, Mitch. This is only our first performance here in New York. Please let me at least ask the girls. Maybe one of them has a spare set with them."

"Okay, Babe, thank you" Mitch kissed him swiftly. "I love you."

"Love you too, Mitchie." Avi shook his head when Mitch sauntered out of their dressing room and got up himself to find something Mitch could wear underneath. In the end he got a pair of woolen tights which Kirstie brought just in case.

"Babe, look" he said when he entered the room in which Nicole was putting make-up on Mitch's face. "Kirstie had an extra pair."

Mitch opened his eyes. "Tights? You do know that Kirstie is six inches smaller than me? How shall I fit in these?"

"At least try them on. Man why are you so stubborn today?" Avi commented. "I am just trying to help you."

"And I can take care of myself quite well, thank you very much" Mitch sassed back at him. "Don't baby me, Avi, I am a grown man!"

"Well if you were you would have taken enough warm clothes with you" Avi snapped back. he threw the tights on the nearest chair and turned around. "I am sorry for taking care of you" he said and then just left.

"Avi, I..."

But the door was already closed.

"Shit."

"You could say that" Nicole said.

"You're not helping, Nicole"Mitch said between clenched teeth.

"Well, let's put it differently" Nicole began. "Mitch, you're right, you of course are a grown man, you are amazing and you can take care of yourself. But Avi is right as well. I've seen your outfit Mitch and you have to wear something underneath."

The brunette looked down on his hands, not saying anything.

"So... this was just a misunderstanding, right? You don't fight that often, do you?" Nicole started again.

Mitch shook his head. "I guess I am just a little bit short tempered. Don't ask me why" he mumbled.

"Jet-lag, your need for a good and long vacation and maybe the fact that you just forgot something?" Nicole tried. "It's human, but you just shouldn't snap at people just like that. Avi was just helping you."

Mitch nodded. "All of those above apply. I- I' he gulped. "I have to apologise to him."

"You probably have to. But I still have to get ready and then you need to get dressed" Nicole said.

Mitch nodded. "I know. Work comes first."

~

In the end he has to wait until after the show to apologise. The show itself was good, Mitch managed to swallow his sorrows and tried to be at his very best. For the fans, because they deserved it.

Afterwards he saw that Avi headed into their shared dressing room immediately. So he followed him and closed the door behind him.

Avi faced away from him and was taking off his clothes to change into something more comfortable.

"Babe?" Mitch said softly. "I'm sorry."

Avi turned back around. "Hmm?"

Mitch took off his coat first and then opened his pants. He pushed them down and smiled slightly. "You were right and I was wrong. I shouldn't have reacted like that. Sorry."

Avi smiled slightly when he saw that Mitch was wearing Kirstie's tights. "It's okay, Mitch."

"Really?" Mitch looked at his fiancé. "Are we okay?"

"Of course we are. We had a small fight, that's it. You apologised for reacting off and I want to apologise for just leaving just like that" Avi explained. He stepped up to Mitch and pulled him into his arms, kissing his lips. "I love you, Babe and a small fallout won't make me question my feelings. Not at all."

Mitch smiled. "I love you, too" he said. "And you were right, These tights fit and I really needed them. So thank you for taking care for me."

"Always, Babe, always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: because a certain eva-meleena needed drama 😂😂😂😂