December 16th

"Kirstie? Are you coming?" Jeremy asked with a small smile on his face.

"Yes, just a second."Kirstie smiled at him and tightened the scarf around her neck so no air could get inside and then put on her boots. "Ready." She took her gloves and her hat and beamed at her husband. "Let's go!"

For their day together they had decided to just walk around and enjoy the Winter wonderland that was New York.

Once they were out of the hotel, Kirstie took Jeremy's hand and together they walked down the street. They did some window shopping, both not feeling like going inside the shops to buy stuff, so they just looked at things.

"What are we going to get Scott and Alex?" Jeremy asked after a while. "For Secret Santa."

"I've been thinking" Kirstie said. "But haven't come up with the ideal present, yet. I had hoped that at some point of time I'll just see something and say 'This is it', but the moment just hadn't been there, you know?"

Jeremy nodded. "I feel the same, honestly. But maybe we find a little something regarding their still young marriage? We could get them like a mock present, a book of some kind and maybe a voucher for a real nice candle light dinner?" He proposed.

Kirstie nodded. "That's a good idea. Maybe we could get some cheap and lousy self-help book for their relationship and then the voucher? And some sweets?"

"Perfect. Simple but I think that some time they spend together is all they need with their crazy lives and everything" Jeremy agreed. "I would love to get a present like that to be honest."

"Yes, definitely" Kirstie said. She sighed softly and leaned against his boyfriend. "Shall we head over to Central Park? The hot cocoa there is amazing and I would love to have some."

Jeremy grinned at her and nodded. "Of course. It's not far, right?"

"No, maybe another fifteen minutes to walk" Kirstie explained.

Jeremy smiled. "Well let's do this" he said and led his wife on and towards the Central Park.

Once they arrived there, Kirstie showed him the booth where she and Nicole got the hot chocolate the other day. They got a mug each and found an empty bench to sit down on.

Jeremy immediately put his arm around Kirstie who cuddled up closer. "Mmhm, you're comfortable" she mumbled.

Jeremy chuckled. "Well of course I am" he joked. "But you are, too. So warm and cuddly and adorable with your cute little red nose."

Kirstie giggled. "I do not have a red nose" she protested.

"You do" Jeremy replied with amusement evident in his voice. "You look like my personal Rudolph."

"I don't."

Jeremy took out his phone and snapped a quick selfie of them. "See!"

Kirstie looked at it and laughed out loud. "Okay, okay, you're right. My nose is red. But that's only because it's cold."

"Are you cold right now, Princess?" Jeremy wanted to know.

"No, I am more than alright" Kirstie said with a smile on her face. "Because you are with me. You keep me warm. You and this delicious hot cocoa."

Jeremy smiled at her and kissed her temple. "I love you, Kirstie."

"I love you too, Jeremy."