December 4th

A/N: a small outttake from Ningur -  War, Death and Love which I am writing with eva-meleena. You don't need the context, just enjoy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early morning in the kingdom of Krúna Lýsa. Almost everybody was still asleep, everyone but Mitchell, king of Krúna Vandur, the kingdom on the other side of the river Oravaec and Scott, first consultant of Queen Kirstin of Krúna Lýsa.

They were an uneven part not only because of their looks, but because they came from different kingdoms, as well. Two kingdoms which had been in a conflict which had somehow been solved by their love and devotion to each other.

"I love it when the sun dawns" Mitch said softly. "Because no matter where you are, it always looks the same, it kind of feels like home to me."

Scott who was sitting next to his partner outside on one of the huge brick walls surrounding the castle hummed his agreement. "I, too, like sun dawn more than sunset. For me it feels like a new beginning, a new day coming, a new possibility to do things, another chance to make a change, you know" he explained and breathed in the clear air.

"Back in Vandur, I always used to get up rather early, grab a blanket and sit outside. I've always loved the calm atmosphere. I mean... no one's up but the two of us and maybe a few guards and workers. But there never was someone who needed me to be the king at that hour. I appreciated the freedom very much." Mitch pulled his knees up to his chest and took another deep breath. He leaned his head against the elf's side.

Scott automatically put his arms around the smaller man and held him tight.

They stayed like that for a while and Scott was sure that Mitch had drifted off until he heard him chuckle.

"Hmm?" Scott moved his attention back to him. "What is it?"

"Seems like we're not the only ones who are already up" Mitch commented amused and pointed down to the fields.

"That's Avi, isn't it?" Scott stated, recognising the centaur almost immediately. "And... who is sitting on his back. Is this... Todrick?"

Mitch nodded. "Mmhm... seems to be the commander of your troops" he agreed. "They do seem to be rather close, don't you think?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Well, Todrick is sitting on his back, but-"

"That's what I was talking about" Mitch interrupted him. "Avi doesn't let many people ride on his back. In fact only Esther, his sister, and I are allowed to sit on his back and only if he offers it."

"Aah..." Scott said understanding. He watched the scene down on the hills and he had to admit that it looked rather intimate. Todrick was sitting, just like one would sit on an average horse but rather than having a saddle and reins, he held on tight to the centaurs waist, in fact his whole body was flushed against the centaur's.

"If you were wondering, I usually am not as close to him when he carries me around" Mitch said, a grin spreading on his face.

"Hmm?" Scott uttered before thinking again. "Oh, you mean that they..."

"Yeah, I think that there is something going on between the two of them" Mitch said. "It looks beautiful, doesn't it? I am so happy to see Avriel like that. He has never known what love feels like. I'm happy that he gets to do so, now."

Scott nodded. "Everyone deserves to be loved" he said. "Which is why I am happy to have you."

Mitch pulled his eyes away from the centaur and the man and looked back at his own partner. Their eyes met and he smiled. "I am happy to call you mine as well, I am so happy that destiny decided to somehow bring us together" he said softly and leaned in for a soft, loving kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I hope you liked it. If you did - there's a full story ;)