- COPYRIGHT & ABOUT THE AUTHOR -

This novel is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, undead or immortal, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © Andrew Ferns 2005

Andrew Ferns asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.

A catalogue record for this book is available from the US Library of Congress.

ISBN 978-0-9869190-0-8

All rights reserved under International and Pan-American Copyright Conventions. By payment of the required fees you have been granted the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and read the text of this e-book on-screen. No part of this text may be reproduced, transmitted, down-loaded, decompiled, reverse engineered, or stored in or introduced into any system, in any form or by any retrieval system, whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereafter invented, without the express written permission of 1504100 Alberta Inc.

EPub First Edition © 2012 ISBN: 978-0-9869190-0-8

Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Andrew is a graduate of Halifax's Dalhousie University and Mount Royal College in Calgary. An award winning television producer, he joined Ferns Productions in 2006 as Vice President, Production after working as a Line Producer for Insight Studios in Vancouver, helping produce their slate of MOWs and Feature Films. His documentary credits include titles such as: the Gemini and Leo Award winning, and NY Festival's 'Best Docudrama' "Secret Files of the Inquisition" mini-series for Vision TV/PBS and the Gemini nominated Discovery Channel Canada series, "Human Wildlife: The Life That Lives On Us".

In 2008, Andrew won a Leo Award for Best Documentary Series and a Gemini Award for Best History Program for the Australia / Canada co-produced four part mini-series "Captain Cook: Obsession and Discovery". His next Australia/Canada coproduction was "Darwin's Brave New World", a three-part docudrama mini-series for ABC Australia, ZDF/Arte France/Germany, History Channel UK and CBC's 'The Nature of Things'. The series was nominated for 5 Leo Awards, 1 Gemini and won the Silver Dragon from the China International Conference of Science and Educational Producers.

After launching Ferns Entertainment in 2010, a multi-platform media company producing and developing high quality content for global audiences. He won an AMPIA Award in 2015 for the feature film "Painkillers" that he produced and Second Unit Directed. He continues to direct, edit and write "Monumental Canadians" an award winning web series of short films on Canadian military history.

Andrew co-wrote "The Dark Ones" a supernatural nautical feature film currently in development; and, the three part docudrama series "Drake's Pacific Secret". He has also created and co-written a six part dramatic mini series titled "Distrikt", centered on the life behind the nightlife of a downtown club scene.

He lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with his wife.