Chapitre Onze

Dedication to @CharlieLovesAll . Charlie in MM ------>

((Dec. 26th))

± Kay'Lani ±

"Uh oh." Kastina says with green Icing covering her little hands.

This little girl and her catch phrase I think to myself, chuckling lightly. "Goodness child." I say as I grab a wet wipe to clean her up. As I was wiping the first hand she took the other and patted me on my head.

"Kastina August!" I exclaim with a head full of icing.

"Uh oh."

"Uh oh is right! You-"

"I'm back!" My dad announces walking through the door. Just in time too because I was about to fuss at Kas. "What in the h-"

"Night snack gone wrong." I tell him. "Please, watch your granddaughter as I go wash this out." I say wiping her other hand and her face.

"Alright but you have company," He says scooping Kastina out of her high chair.

"Wh-"

"Kay!" A chorus of voices shouted.

I turned around and there was Craig, my friend Charrliene, and Jacquees standing in my mamá's living room. They bum rushed me with hugs like they hadn't seen me in ages.

I laughed, "Y'all, it hasn't been that long."

"It's been long enough." Craig says.

"I'm surprised you even invited me, out of all your friends." Charlie beams.

"You guys are all the friends I have as of right now." I tell them truthfully.

Jacquees smiles and I just knew he was going to say something smart. "And so you decided to greet us with green frosting in yo head?"

We laughed. "Hush Quees."

"Guess that's the struggle of having a kid." Craig says laughing with us. But without even knowing it, he just turned the whole mood sour.

Me and Jacquees' laughter stopped abruptly and it took a second for Craig to catch on.

"I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" He asked.

"Uh, no. It's nothing." I say with a shrug.

"So," Charlie says breaking the awkwardness.

"So uh, Jacquees, Craig, I'm sure you guys have met Charlie." I say.

"Yea, but not officially." Craig says.

Charlie takes the initiative. "Well hey, nice to meet you, I'm Charrliene, I go by Charlie. I'm Kay'Lani's friend and mentor."

"You say it like I'm in AA or something."

"Well ..." She trails.

"Char.."

"Sex can be ad-"

My eyes go wide. "Alrighttt." I didn't think she would actually say it.

Jacquees smirked. "Please, go on. I would like to hear this. Sex can be what?"

"Shh," I say with a shushing motion. "These walls have ears."

"You damn right," My dad says from the other room.

Charlie's mouth forms an 'O'. "He doesn't know?" She whispers.

I shake my head.

"Know what?" Quees asks.