Chapitre Treize

Kay'Lani in MM --->

((December 28th))

± Kay'Lani ±

The next day at the airport was mellow. Kastina caught an early flight with my dad and no one really wanted to leave.

Before Charlie and Craig caught their flight, she pulled me to the side.

"Kay, I'm afraid you're gonna have to find a new mentor." She says.

"Oh God. Why? Did you and Craig-"

"I'm moving to Atlanta." She interrupts.

"Really? When?" I ask.

"In a week. I've been thinking about if for awhile and I finally made the plans before I came here."

"Man, that sucks. I'm gonna miss you."

"Hey, we can turn up everyday before I go." She smiles.

I sigh. "Can't. I have Kastina. My dad doesn't like me dropping her off to them alot. He already watched her his whole time here. Plus I've missed my princess."

"Oh, I understand. And I'm gonna miss you too Kay. It was really nice coming down here as well. Thank you for the trip."

"You're welcome." I say to her as we walk back to the guys.

She gives me a hug followed by Craig. "Bye Kay, I guess I'll see you later. Thanks for inviting me out." He says.

"No problem, we all deserved it." I tell them. Then we said our final goodbyes before they boarded their plane.

I turned to Jacquees. "And then there were two."

"And my flight isn't for another 30 minutes." He says.

"Mickey D's?" I suggest.

"I'll lead the way." He says taking my hand. 

We walk to the food section and get food from McDonald's before sitting to eat. Time passed as we ate silently.

"So, I guess, the fact that I'm leaving right now means we aren't meant to be?" Jacquees asked.

I finished up my Burger before speaking. "Rodriquez Jacquees Broadnax, you told me to think about it, and I did. You are perfect. Maybe even too perfect. I feel that you're too good for me."

"So basically this is the whole, 'it's not you it's me' speech." He questions.

"Quee, don't think of it like that. I mean it's just, I need to take a break from dating completely. I've gotta find myself and love myself before I even think about letting someone else love me." I said it but I wasn't quite sure if I meant it. I wasn't even sure I knew what I was doing at that point. Maybe I wasn't feeling him like I thought.

Jacquees nods, "I understand. Yet Kai, you know that I grew mad feelings for you around the first time I met you. But you had a guy, and guy that you was already feeling, and to top it off you were pregnant. And so we were friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Until one night we were so much more, but that was it. Just that one night, cause you pushed me away. Then something brought us back together and after all that, here we are today. You pushing me away again. Despite how much I've grown to love you, there's only so much of you pushing me out that I can take. So if you do this right now, know that there's a possibility that we won't get this back. That you won't get me back. Cause it seems like you just run to me when you don't have anyone else, and that's okay because I love being there for you. But it's not okay that I'm always your second option."