Chapitre Dix-Sept

((September 17th))

± Kay'Lani ±

As I finished practically puking my guts out, my phone began ringing.

"Hello?" I answered before rinsing my mouth out.

"You have a collect call from, Mi'lana Cortez, an inmate from, California Institution for Women. If you wish to accept these charges, press one. If you wish to reject t-" 

With wide eyes, I quickly pressed one.

"Mil?"

"Lani, You were the first person that came to my mind." Mi'lana spoke.

"Why are you calling me from prison?" I ask.

"I promise I'll explain it all. But, is there anyway you can come visit me today?"

I sighed. "When are visitation hours?"

"8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m."

Damn. I knew this day was gonna come but I didn't think it would come so soon. I told her she needed to change, but she's like me, stubborn as a mule.

"Man, I guess. You know I gotta work."

"I know, thank you Kai. But there's something real important I gotta discuss with you."

We said our goodbyes and I got into the shower. When I was out I slipped into my clothes and put on my shoes. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and grabbed my purse, phone, and duffle bag, then made my way outta the door.

When I pulled up to our gym, I grabbed my duffle and the bag of Burger King and went inside.

"Good morning Mrs. Miller." The young hostess greeted.

"Morning Phoenix. How are you?" I said with a smile.

She smiled back, "Better now."

I laughed to myself, making my way into the back. Phoenix was pretty as hell, and normally I would've been against having such a pretty girl as our receptionist. I get jealous as hell, especially knowing Kenneth is here more than me. But, if anybody needs to be worried, it's Kenneth. Phoenix is a lesbian and when I say she be coming on to me, she's ruthless. She's on a mission to get with me, knowing good and well I'm happy where I am. Kenneth knows this, but he thinks it's funny to watch her tempt me, he gets a kick out of it, seriously. He better watch out though, cause who gone be laughing when I can't control my hormones one day? The chick is fine as wine.

"Ooh, I swear she want it." I say, walking into Kenneth's office.

"I know, she just asked me if you were coming in today. Shawty thirsty for the P." Kenneth chuckles taking the Burger King bag.

I laughed. "Give me a reason to blame her." I say, flipping my ponytail. 

Kenneth gave me a face. "Don't get cocky. You ain't all that."

"Don't do that." I say with a smirk. "But I got you a Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. Except, I took your Bacon and put it on mine, I couldn't help myself."

"Keep on, you gone turn into a strip of Bacon." He says shaking his head.

"Shut up." I say pushing him. "I've just been craving Bacon out the ass. Don't judge me."

"Ow," he whined rubbing his arm.

I shook my head. "I gotta go though. Mi'lana done got her ass locked up, I'm visiting her today."