2.2

Henry

He ran to her side, his heart pounding in his chest. He had never been so relieved to see her, yet so worried.

His hand fell to her neck, his fingers hesitantly feeling for a pulse. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he felt her heart beat against her skin.

"Charlotte" he whispered her name, his hands cupping her cheeks, holding her head in his hands.

He looked at her face, one that he knew he could never forget. She was so small, so easily broken. Yet Charlotte was the strongest person he had ever known.

He ran his fingers across her forehead, moving a strand of her dark hair out of her face.

His sweet Charlotte.

He sat there beside her, her head in his lap, his hand holding hers. Suddenly, her eyes began to flutter.

"Charlotte?" He called her name. "Charlotte, it's me. It's Henry."

He watched as she opened her eyes, tears forming in his own. He had never been more relieved to see her.

"Henry?" She whispered, her hand grasping for his.

"I'm here" he said, sniffling back his tears. "I'm here, and I'm never going anywhere ever again."

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body against his. He had never craved her so badly in his life.

He felt her small arms wrap around his back, a smile spread across his face.

He felt his tears running down his cheeks, falling into her hair. He squeezed her harder, never wanting to let her go again.

"I'm so sorry" he cried to her. "This is all my fault."

Charlotte pulled her hands away, sitting just in front of him. They rested on his legs.

"You're hurt" she said, reaching up to touch his forehead. When she pulled her hand away, there was blood on her fingers.

"I don't care" he said, grabbing her hand and holding it in his. "You were kidnapped Charlotte. You could have gotten seriously hurt. And it's all my fault."

He looked into her eyes, and could instantly see the pain hidden behind them. What was she hiding from him?

"I'm fine Henry" she told him, "I'm just tired. And my head hurts."

He uncrossed his legs and pulled her against him. Her head leaned against his chest, her hands wrapped around his arm.

"And I'm so cold." She whispered to him, her eyes closing.

He held her close to him. In that moment, he didn't want to be anywhere else.

"You're okay now." He said to her, moving her hair away from her face. "I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again."

That, was a promise he could keep. He had almost lost her, the biggest fear he had in his life. He never wanted to go though that ever again.

He loved her, more than he had ever loved anyone before. His heart was broken without her. She was his refuge.

"Henry?" She asked him, her head never lifting off of his chest.

"Yea Char?" He asked back.

"I love you" she whispered. His heart hammered against his chest.

"I love you too" he said to her. "More than you will ever know."

---------------
Oh my gosh you guys, I can't describe how beautiful this chapter is to me! It is hands down my favourite so far! It's so jam packed full of Chenry that it makes me want to squeal!!

So if you like these sweet moments then the next few chapters are going to be right up your alley, because they are FULL of Chenry. I can't stop writing cute things with these two!

Act 3 of the story is coming up soon, the part that mainly focuses on one thing; what will Henry decide to do with his feelings after almost losing Charlotte? And how will Char react to the most traumatizing moment of her life. What is she hiding??

I'm so excited to write more!!
Natalie xx