flashback

"daddy where is mommy?! I want to show her my drawing!" I asked my dad 'Arthur' when I reached home mom wasn't home.
"Kimberly mom is gone and not coming back!" Jazz shouted at me,tears streaming down her face.
"she is coming back Jazz, she went to buy milk!"my dad said and I believed.
*******
Dad is in denial although I'm 12 years old I know the know the truth and also Jazz. I believed my dad at first.

Few months after

It has been 4 months since that woman is gone. She's not my mom anymore because a mother would not leave her children. We have moved on and we are happy because dad got a job at a mechanical shop. "girls come here!"my dad said he's home from work early. Jazz and I ran down the stairs excited to hear the news.
"I have bad and good news girls. Please sit" we sat down waiting to hear the news
"I'll tell the bad news first...I lost my job today good news I get to stay home with you guys!" he said trying to sound happy but we bought know he's stressing about it. We hugged him and ate Mac n cheese for dinner because it was all we got.

Two year later

"dad you're drunk again!" I said to my dad. After he loss his job he started drinking hard. Now he's not stopping and every time he has to go to the clinic for his liver. Jazz has to be working at a restaurant as a waitress after school to supply us and I cook and take care of the house because dad is not doing anything. I heard a knock on the door, I walked to it and opened it. It was a lady
" hey sweetheart. You miss me?!" the lady asked her voice sounds familiar
"who are you?" I asked dumbfounded.
"it's me your mother Shelly!"she said and trying to hug me but I placed my hands to stop her. My dad heard and ran to the door and hugged her tears streaming down his face.
" hey Arthur how are you?!" She asked. His she mad or something she don't smell the alcohol.
"you see me Shelly you did this!" he shouted
"can I talk to you please Arthur" she said and draw him into a room. That bitch of a mother wants something I know it. But if it's money she's doom because we caan got none. After about half an hour they came out and she left.
"that bitch wanted money?!" I asked my dad
" she's not a bitch kim stop it!". We cursed until jazz came out I told her that Shelly came and told her she wanted money and stuffs

New day

We are on our way to the hospital because he overdosed himself. We reached the hospital and we are waiting.

Few hours later

"McGees I am sorry to say but your father did not make it!"jazz and I broke down in tears how are we going to survive.
We did survive after the funeral I got an illegal job because I was too young. We worked until we save up went to high school and bought a house.....

What a life. What do you think comment please!!!
-krishy 😍😍😘😘
Vote n comment