twenty one • pilots

In the media, a reader made a fan art for Waves on IG. Credits to redhairmikey! And wow, the chapter title is so iconic hahaha.

There would be neither moon nor star;
But the wave would make music above us afar.
Oh, what a happy life were mine!
We would live merrily, merrily.
~

“Is my son infuriated now? Are you missing your dead mother?” The king snickered out loud, as if there’s nothing funnier in the world than witnessing Michael scream his lungs out in total frustration. He liked him getting so worked up over the death of his mother who was so easy to dispatch. He remembers the betrayed expression that was painted all over her face during her last moments, the look of hurt and disappointment that he prided himself in. Too bad he wasn’t able to do the same to his son, who is now causing trouble in the peaceful kingdom he obviously made better.

Michael shouted with pure disgust laced in his voice, “You’re no father of mine! I can never forgive you for killing her! She
didn’t deserve any of the shit you did to her! She didn’t deserve the poor treatment you gave her in exchange of her serving you all her life!”

The man only scoffed at his ridiculousness and calmly took a seat on his throne. “Oh, she was useless. I thought that after I make her my other half, she would agree to all the propositions and plans I make for this kingdom, but no! She wanted me to focus on training you and showing you how I run things! Did you really think that I’m going to give up the throne to someone like you?” He pointed at him, snorting, “That’s a big mistake! You’re just as worthless as she was!”

“I will fucking kill you!”

It all happened so fast then. A loud boom was heard and the ground started to shake a bit which gave Michael and Natalia the idea that their comrades had already entered the kingdom and started fighting after hearing Michael’s scream. Soon they’re going to get to them and they’re going to get the help they need.

While his father was temporarily confused and distracted, Michael quickly swam to get an old trident in the side of the room to use it as a potential weapon against his father while Natalia got two from the sharp, glistening knives on a table which all probably came from the human world. The only way to acquire them is through the sunken ships scattered around, which is clearly a brilliant move of the king.

Michael surged forward and made a move but the king was quick to contradict it. Clangs of metal against metal were the sounds playing over and over in the tense room, no one wanting to lose in this fight for their beliefs as well as survival.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. That’s what Michael’s motto is. If his mother died in his father’s hands, then he’ll take it upon him to kill his father with his own. Like they say, karma is bitch and the king really should’ve expected him to seek revenge the moment he succeeded in escaping that one unfortunate night.

To kill him. It doesn’t sound like what Michael will do, and he knows that, but he’s so tired of everyone setting limits for him all the fucking time. Natalia said that she knows he wouldn’t permanently leave the ocean, and no matter how hesitant he was to return underwater, in the end he still gave in. His father said that he’s not worth ruling the Atlantis, and it's hard not to believe him. He knows he really isn’t. But tonight will be different. He’ll show everyone that he can do something that they do not know he’s capable of doing.