Flashback

Odell's POV:

I just got into it with my pops over something so stupid. He's mad because I decided not to play football this year. I mean I love football, I just can't see myself playing it all my life. Pops really wants me to make it to the NFL, and become this famous football player. I didn't want to do that. Only way that would happen is if I go to college. School just wasn't for me. I have so many offers to so many different schools, but when I think about the work. It's just not worth it. After I explained that to him, he totally lost it. He told me I can't live in his house without going to college, and I've been cut from the family. That's fine with me. I don't need his money, I'll get my own money. My own mother was against me on this decision. She usually would be on my side. College wasn't that mandatory, it wasn't that serious. Football wasn't that serious. I wish he wasn't so hard on me about getting these scholarships.

I decided to hit up my boy blue. He had some undercover shit going on with these drugs. I swore to my parents I would never do drugs, and I won't. I just needed some type of way to make money at the moment. I told blue about my problem and he told me that I can help him make some drops. I had no problem with that, it's just that I couldn't get caught. The key to this game was to never get caught. I stood outside waiting for him to pull up.

"Awwww mama's boy got put out the house." Blue laughed.

"Nigga shut the fuck up." I said getting into the car.

"Woah woah woah. Nigga I'm supplying your ass. You are now my employee. And by the way, I'm a whole different person when it comes to this shit. I'm not the same blue."

"Oh are you a lighter shade?"

"Bitch! You lame as fuck. But seriously O, this is no joke. And if you get caught that's your ass." Blue started to get serious.

"I understand nigga. Damn. Getting all serious and shit. I ain't with that gay shit bruh" I laughed

"Nigga me either. Trying let your ass know. You can stay with me until you get on your feet. But I'm sure your people gon take you back" he pulled off

"I wouldn't care. I ain't going back". I watched as the trees flew by. I was scared but I was ready for this money.

It had been a whole month since I started doing this. After the first drop, I was a pro. Blue said that I caught on real fast to this shit. Our friendship grew strong since we now lived together. He taught me some tricks and everything when it came down to the exchange. The shit was too easy. Times came when they wanted me to smoke. I wasn't like that so I always turned it down.

"O! I need you to do some serious shit for me tonight. You my best employee right now. This is some deep shit" blue said pulling up to a gas station.

"Man you know I got it"

"Look. This has got to be the biggest drop I ever made. Don't fuck this up for me. You see that red el Camino under that street light down there? Yea. That's your guy. He wants 5 oz of weed, and a bottle of pills. You know how much that's worth?"

"Uhm.... About $600?" I asked unsure

"Yea but you say it's $800. This nigga got money. So we going for extra. Tell him its sales tax on it."

"SALES TAX!? Nigga what the fuck! This nigga might kill me. Hell no. Trayvion HELL NO!" I was not doing that shit.

"Oh don't get all city on me now! This is not the time to get scared. YOU HEAR ME!?" He grabbed my face. I just nodded. "Now you see that black Range Rover in that corner. That's them boys". My eyes got super wide. Them boys was code for the police. "Yea I know. That's why I got you to do it. I know you can. Now don't be scared. Just do what you always do. Remember what I taught you. Now go. Hurry" he unlocked the doors.