Sisters

*cheryl on the left. Lourie on the right in the m/m*

Cheryl's POV:

I decided to wake up early to start on the food for our lunch today. Lourie and I have been getting along lately, which would make mother so proud. I try to not show how I really feel about the situation since I am the oldest. And it's up to me to be strong for the rest of us.

"Where you going babe?" Richard rubbed his eyes while stretching.

"I'm going get a head start on the food for today" I said annoyed. I haven't been happy in our marriage lately. I feel like there is some distance between us. He's been acting strange around me so I'll just brush it off and be petty later.

I went into the kitchen and took out some macaroni noodles, cheese, milk, and some pots. I searched the kitchen looking for mother's cook book, but I couldn't find it. She kept everything in it. I knew how to cook, but her food was always better. I had to be searching for at least an hour because everyone started to wake up.

"Goodmorning Cheryl. What you doing in this kitchen?" Aunt Pat asked siting at the counter.

"I'm trying to start cooking our lunch."

"Girl you don't know nothing about cooking no soul food. Now you see my sister" she nodded, pouring a glass of Hennessy. "She would have this whole house stinking by now" she laughed, taking a sip and smiling to herself. "God I miss her"

"I miss her too aunt pat. And I'm sorry that I'm not an amazing cook like mother. But I'll try my best to" I tried to smile.

"Girl please you be making that white shit with Richard. And by the way did I ever tell you that I don't like him?"  Aunt Pat never did like Richard for some reason. She always said that he gave her a bad vibe.

"Yes you have. About a million times you've mentioned it. And I do know how to cook soul food. That's what we and the kids eat at home, thank you" I said and started boiling the noodles.

"Mhm we about to find out" she said then sat back to watch.

Lourie walked into the kitchen with a silk robe on and texting on her phone. I hated when she did that. I know it had to do with her job but it's family time right now.

"Can you get off that phone for five seconds"

"Shut up Cheryl! God. I haven't been on my phone for two days messing around with y'all, and I've missed some very important stuff at work. So yes I will get on my phone right now. I might have to go home early" she said still looking at her screen.

"I'll be damned. You're staying right here for these next eleven days. Your job or your boss or whoever can understand that."

"Uhm no they can't." She put her phone to her ear. "Hello. Yes sir. I can most likely leave here early. Oh yes anything to help the company. I'm so sorry about the lost."

"So you're just going to ignore me talking to you!" I said loudly so whoever was on the phone can hear.

"Are you fucking crazy!? I'm on the phone with my boss. So shut the fuck up. The building we worked in was broken into last night.  Have some sympathy" she said covering her phone up.

"I don't give a damn about your job! I give a damn about this family tho. Something you should try doing !" I fussed and threw the now soft noddles into the pan and started melting the cheese. Aunt Pat was just shaking her head and mumbling something.

"What was that Aunt Pat?" Lourie looked at her with a face saying you wanna try that again.

"Look bitch! I don't know who you think you fucking with. But I'm not Cheryl, I will shoot your ass now, and ask questions later. Tell your little lawyer friends that. I don't play with you. So you better stop looking at me like you stupid or i shall show you stupid"