Chapter Twenty-Two: Part Two

PERRY SOLO
Perry happily finished off her granola bar. She then placed it into a trash can before walking over to Jill. The teen looked at the people on the field. Quite eager to join in on the fun.

"Gather around ladies!" Yelled Jill, clapping her hands together loudly. She gave the girls a thin lipped smile, ready to begin. "Team one will be Carli as captain. And team two will have Becky as captain."

The teams lead to be like this.
Team One
Goalkeeper - Hope
Defense - Christie, Whitney, Ali, Meghan
Midfield - Carli, Tobin, Shannon, Perry
Offense - Amy, Abby

Team Two
Goalkeeper - Ashlyn
Defense - Becky, Kelley, Julie, Lori
Midfield - Morgan, Lauren, Megan, Heather
Offense - Christen, Sare

Subs/"Refs" - Alex, Alyssa, Sydney

Team One started with the ball. Perry stood close to Shannon not too sure on where she should be standing.

"Perry, you look like you're about to crap yourself!" Shouted Sydney, laughing with Alex. The girl rolled her eyes, letting out a chuckle as well.

Perry heard the whistle blow and she began steadily jogging up the field. She watched the ball at Abby's feet, simply amazed by the control she has of the ball. "Wambach!" She yelled, yearning to touch the ball.

Her wish was granted, and the ball was passed to her. Perry saw Heather starting to come at her with one of her famous "Game Face" on. Slightly panicking she took off with the ball. She amazed herself with the speed she was going at. Perry found Amy close to her, so she passed the ball to the blond.

Abby ran by and gave her a clap on the back. A pretty hard one too.

She pushed up farther as a throw in went into play. Perry stood in front of Morgan, guarding the taller female. The ball was thrown to Megan, who quickly lost possession from Carli slide tackling her. Perry ran to the ball  And sped past Morgan. She passed the ball to Tobin. Who was able to dodge players left and right. Next the ball went to Amy's feet, and she shot it. Her kick was so hard it bounced off the crossbar with a loud clang.

"Son of a-" Amy was about to yell. Only to see it bounce off of Perry's foot and into the goal. "Goal." She said, finishing her sentence.

"Oh wow." Was all Perry could muster before getting jumped on by her "teammates".

Kling was holding on tightly to her waist. "Can we keep her?" She asked, joking around. "I'll promise to walk her and feed her!"

Perry laughed as they all let go. She turned around, ready to go back to her spot. But she saw Hope celebrating by herself. Feeling bad, Perry ran over. "I did it Hope!" She exclaimed, running into her arms.

Hope laughed and gave her forehead a peck. "You sure did kido!" She released Perry from the hug, but kept her hands on her shoulders. "Do you want to follow in our footsteps?" Her tone was serious, yet her eyes were soft.

She nodded, locking her eyes with Hope's. "More than anything. This game is a rush. One that I don't ever want to stop." Perry said, a smile pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Go, kick more ass for me."

*Two Hours Later*

After a nice shower and a fresh change of clothing, the girls got onto the bus. Perry and Hope sat in the back, talking about soccer. "If this is something you want to do, you need me with you every step of the way. And you gotta put in the effort with this."

She sighed, "Hope, you've been telling me this the whole walk over here. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be a soccer player. Tennis can always be a hobby of mine."

Kelley then popped up in the back. "Hey you two." She gave Perry's nose a poke. The brunette even whispered a little, "beep-beep."

"Hey Kel." Perry gave her a large smile. Giving her nose a poke in return. "Want to hang out in Hope's hotel room?" She asked.

"Sure! I usually like hanging out with you. You're not as serious as you're Mom." Kelley said, a smirk was on her lips. Which soon turned into a straight line from the look Hope was giving her. "I mean, wow, are you too alike! I'm gonna go sit with Captain America before Hope murders me." With that Kelley was off like a squirrel running up a tree.

Perry sat back in her seat and crossed her legs. "She is an odd one isn't she?" She turned to Hope, raising an eyebrow.

Hope closed her eyes and tilted her head back to look at the ceiling off the bus. "You have no idea."

JJ
JJ - Hey
Perry - Hey?
JJ - I'm bored, wanna talk??
Perry - Sure!
JJ - Cool! Wanna come over to my room tonight? Maybe we can watch a movie.
Perry - That sounds great, when?
JJ - Doesn't really matter, I'm usually up late watching TV or being on my phone.