Chapter Thirty-Two

PERRY SOLO

The plane ride back to America felt wrong. It felt wrong to be away from the team. Everything felt oh, so wrong.

Perry had stayed silent the whole time. She had no energy to interact with anyone. Nor did she want to talk to strangers. Instead she listen to music and thought about what Seattle would be like. Perry had never been to Washington in general. Meaning a few first times would probably happen.

She stood up onto the tips of her toes to grab her bag. Perry, once it was in her hands, placed one strap on her shoulder. It was one of the suite cases that doubles as a book bag. Proving convenient to her.

When she got inside of the airport she looked down at her phone. Hope had sent her a text of Judy's appearance and number. Perry had yet to give Judy her number.

Mom

I have arrived safely - Perry

Mom - Good

Only a one letter text. Perry frowned, she began feeling slightly sick. In her head... No, don't think like that. She hissed to herself. Just go look for Judy and everything will be fine.

She walked off and found Judy relatively quickly. Perry paused her music and shoved her earbuds into her jean pockets. "Hi Judy." She greeted once she arrived at her destination.

"Hello Perry. I am glad that I finally get to meet you in person." Judy said, giving her a small smile. "Here, let me take your bag."

"No," Perry said abruptly.

The elder woman gave Perry a shocked look. "Excuse me?" She asked, almost as if she was hard of hearing.

She kind of froze in her spot. Perry felt incredibly rude for shooting Judy's offer out of the sky so quickly. "Um, no thank you. I can make out just fine with it." She said in response.

"You remind me of Hope. Just half the brashness." Judy commented, pulling out her car keys. "Let's go, I have dinner cooking in the oven." She placed a hand on the smalls of Perry's back, and started guiding her towards the door.

I'm not as brash as she is, I barely even brash. At least to my own knowledge.

*An Hour And Forty-five Minutes Later*

Perry didn't expect the car ride to be so long, and exhausting. While she sat in the front where the only sound was the radio, she pulled out her phone. There were a few texts that she decided to answer. She clicked on the one from Christie.

🇺🇸Captain America💪

🇺🇸Captain America💪 - You are stupid.

Thanks Christie, I feel the love. - Perry

🇺🇸Captain America💪 - I'm being serious, you are being/are stupid.

Why does it matter to you if I'm stupid? I'm not your daughter. - Perry

🇺🇸Captain America💪- I know you are not my daughter, you are my friend. Hope told me about what happened are you are an idiot. Hope was keeping you away from that so you wouldn't see her how the critics do.
🇺🇸Captain America💪- For a while I saw her like the critics did. I don't want you to be like that to.

Perry's face dropped when she read the two texts. Oh my God. It took Christie to make me realise my mistake. Not even the woman who adopted me made me change my opinion. She hated herself in that moment. Perry quickly typed in a text and hit send.

🇺🇸Captain America💪

Christie, thank you so much!! I am an idiot that needs to apologize right away - Perry

🇺🇸Captain America💪- Exactly. I'm glad you came to your senses. See you soon.

See you soon Cap! - Perry

She shut off her phone, ready to set things right.

Soon enough they arrived to the Judy Solo household. Perry grabbed her back from the back of the car, shut it then walked up to the house.

Judy twisted the knob and pushed the door open. "The first bedroom upstairs will be the one you're staying. Put your bag up there then come down for dinner." She said, placing her jacket up on the coat rack.

Perry nodded and let out a , "Thank you." She went up the steps two at a time, ready to put her bag down and eat some dinner. The girl walked into the room and found it cute, and full of stuff about Hope. There were newspaper articles, magazines, even a picture signed by the whole team from the 2012 London Olympics.

She set her book bag down next to the bed and took one last look at the room before exiting. Perry clambered down the stairs and smelt the delicious food in the kitchen. Her stomach roared loudly, making her silently yell at it. Yes, silently yell at her growling stomach.

The owner of the house was setting out food on the table. Perry was able to see a chicken, a type of bread unknown to her, and salad.

"Grab a plate and choose what you please." Judy told her as she was doing such.

Perry grabbed a plate and grabbed some salad, chicken, and a small sliver of the bread. "What kind of bread is this?" She questioned, taking a bite of the bread. The flavor was odd, but not bad.

Judy chuckled as she spread butter on her own warm slice. "It's beer bread, a recipe I picked up from one of my friends. Do you like it?"

She took another bite, unsure of the flavor. But this time she put butter on it. "I like it, tastes better with butter on it though." Perry let out a laugh as she finished her bread.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" Perry asked, wiping off her buttery fingers on a napkin.