Chapter Twenty-Four

PERRY SOLO

It was a few hours later until she exited Julie's hotel room. They had a pretty good time together. Sure at time it was a little awkward, but they managed to push that aside. She swiped the room key and pushed open the door. Perry saw Hope passed out and her bed, and Caril seemed to be taking shower (there was steam escaping from under the door.)

She smiled and pulled the covers onto Hope's cool body. "Night, Mom." Perry whispered, going to Carlil's bed. Then she quickly fell asleep.

*Three Days Later*
Perry board the bus with the girls. Everyone was pumped yet nervous for their first game of the World Cup. She sat in the back with Hope, who kept checking her phone over and over again. "Is your Mom still texting you?"

Hope nodded, finally putting her into her coat pocket. "Yes. She is making a super big deal out of this." She realesed a heavy sigh as she closed her eyes.

"She doesn't want a repeat of 2011." Perry mumbled, looking down at her feet.

Hope's eyes snapped open and she looked at Perry. "How do you know about 2011? Did someone tell you?" She had quite the questioning look on her face.

She shrugged, turning to look at Hope. "I watched the finals. Well, most of the finals. Back then it didn't faze me, I knew nothing of soccer. Now that I do know, I know how much pressure is on you guys."

Heather turned around and nodded. "With the pressure comes a sense that we know we're inspiring girls everywhere." She patted Perry's shoulder. "We've already inspired one."

Perry chuckled, "Yes you have."

*Later At The Begining Of The Game*
Perry was sitting in the front row. She looked over to her left to see Dom. She and Dom have talked before, but it was over FaceTime. At that point in time Sydney wanted the two to meet. "Hey Dom." Perry gave him a polite wave.

Dom returned the gesture, and gave a smile. "Nice to see you with Sydney making a whole introduction." He said, sitting down in his seat.

"I can't agree with you more than I do now." When Perry first met Dom over FaceTime Sydney kept rambling on about each of them. It was a little annoying for both Dom and her.

The teams both walked out with serious faces. Perry didn't expect anything less it's the World Cup after all. Perry saw Hope and started going crazy. "Go Hope! Kick some butt!"

Dom sat back and was entertained by her out break. At least until someone told her to shut up.

*In The Fifth Minute*
Perry was practically biting her nails as Australia managed to get onto US' side so quickly. She felt dread in her stomach that the number one team in the world would get beaten by a lower ranked team. Then they would get no points. And wouldn't win the game.

Van Egmond had the ball and shot it as hard as she could at the net. Hope quickly dove and deflected it. Perry jumped up and started screaming with the other USWNT fans. "Heck yeah Hope! Doing great!"

*In The Twelfth Minute*
Pinoe was advancing rapidly. Kind of like the Flash, if he were a chick that plays soccer. With Perry, everything seemed like a wild blur. One that she never wanted to stop.