Chapter Thirty-One

PERRY SOLO

Perry dreaded saying goodbye to the team. She didn't want to leave them, but she also didn't want to listen to whatever Hope had to say. The girl nervously chewed on her lip as she sat on the floor of the bathroom. She needed time to think.

"Per, are you okay? You have been in the bathroom for a while." Came the concerned voice of Julie. She jiggled the nob, which was unlocked, then pushed the door open. Julie grew a surprised look when she saw Perry on the floor.

She pushed herself up off of the floor and nodded. "I'm fine. Just having an existential crisis." Perry felt her cheeks burn. She hated lying to JJ's face about why she really was on the floor.

Julie quirked her eye brow at Perry. "You're lying to me."

"N-no I'm not."

"Your cheeks are super red and you stuttered. Perry you can tell me anything." The defender was staying persistent.

Perry was one to easily give in to JJ, much like the others. "I'm leaving." Oddly enough she felt some of the weight leave her shoulders.

Julie bit her lip, contemplating what to say for a few seconds. "Forever leaving?"

She soon realised the thought never entered her mind. Would Hope take her to an orphanage from the way she has been acting? No, don't think like that. She wouldn't take you back. Perry thought to herself.

"No, just for a little while. I'll be staying with Judy in Seattle."

"When will you be leaving?" Julie inquired.

"Today. Um, I need to say goodbye to everyone, then I go." She replied, gripping at the hair tie in her wrist.

Julie frowned slightly. "Oh. Let's go find the others."

"Thank you, JJ."

*Five Minutes Later*
It took the two a short amount of time to find the others. Considering Hope sent out a group text to meet up in her room.

Perry felt many confused eyes latch to her body. It was awkward to say the very least. She walked over and sat on the bed she used to share with Hope. Maybe this is one big mistake. Perry thought. No, no it's not.

"Okay Periwinkle, tell them why they are all here." Hope told her, breaking out the full first name. Her blue eyes were cold, something Perry had not experienced. Those eyes slightly scared her.

She looked away from Hope and faced the group in front of her. "Guys, this is goodbye for a little while. I am going to go live with Judy in Seattle until the World Cup is over." Perry announced to the group in front of her.

"Why are you leaving?" Questioned Kling.

She paused, trying to figure how to word her answer. "I am leaving due to a current disagreement with Hope that I would like to not discuss." Perry finally said.

"So this is my goodbye for now. I'll try to talk to you guys every day. Believe me, this is probably one of the hardest things I have had to do in a while."

Ashlyn pulled her off of the bed and brought her over to the group.

Each person told her goodbye and gave her a hug. Well, everyone except Ali. She gave Perry a pat on the back.

Perry didn't like how she felt. She felt odd, one that made her stomach bubble and arms go slightly numb. "See you guys later." She said, a thin lipped smile resting on her face.

"Come on Kiddo, let's grab your bags and go." Hope quickly ushered her out of the door.

Perry nodded, giving into Hope pushing her forward.

Goodbye Canada, hello Seattle.

Author's Note: Hey guys! I am so sorry for the wait and how short the chapter is. I promise next chapter is longer. With this one I was a little stumped on how to word a few things. Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter!