chapter 21

Shadow Stalker's POV

I sighed as I changed into my favorite fighting outfit. It was actually my training outfit that I used to use back when I was teaching Emma. I really like wearing it because it has a built in hood so I don't have to worry about a heavy cloak slowing me down, and it also is lightweight and easy to move around and fight in. Not to mention that blue is also my favorite color. Once I was suited up, I pulled my white and black hair into a low ponytail so that it wouldn't get in my way and I pulled up the hood. I slipped on my mask and looked in my special mirror. I could see my regular reflection but also staring back at me was Kathryn and Shadowfang. It looked as if they really were there, right next to me on either side of myself. Kathryn put a hand on my shoulder though I couldn't feel it and she gave a nod. Fang gave me a somewhat sisterly smile and gave a nod while she crossed her arms. I waved to then and ran to go meet up with the others.

I pulled out my Bow and easily jumped up onto a tree branch that would be high enough that they couldn't get to me. I pulled out my bow and an arrow from my quiver. I notched the arrow on my bow string and pulled back the string. I aimed for somewhere near the middle of the group of soldiers and fired. It was a direct hit straight through the dark soldier and upon contact... BOOM! A somewhat large explosion decimated dozens of the shadowy soldiers and forced others into retreat. I latched three arrows at once on my bow and fired them at some soldiers killing them.

I have about five different types of arrows. My arrows that are marked with red are explosives like the first shot. Arrows marked with blue are ice arrows, they create a mini ice bomb that causes frostbite. I got that idea from Emma. My arrows that are marked with purple are my favorites. When they make contact with their target instead of killing them, the arrow releases a neurotoxin that makes the person I shot turn against his own allies. Arrows marked with yellow are electric and cause a powerful shock as powerful as lightning. Arrows marked with white are sound arrows that create a sonic screech that can kill almost anyone within a certain distance. I don't use those much because they hurt my ears though. Of course I also have regular arrows too. I usually use those when I'm fighting a smaller group of enemies.

I defeated the stranglers but more dark soldiers kept showing up and I can't run out of arrows or I will be mostly defenceless! "Kathryn! Fang! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!" I said in my mind as I fired another red arrow. "Try using your sword!" Kathryn said. I put away my bow and jumped to the ground as I pulled out my sword. I ran at the enemies and slashed through them causing them to dissipate into shadows once they were killed. I was doing really well with my sword until suddenly "Shadow Stalker!" It was Emma. I ran from my fight and up into the trees to avoid messing up the others who were fighting the dark army. As I was passin by Megan I noticed that she was somewhat backed into a corner so I fired a yellow arrow causing a whole row of the dark soldiers to get killed. Megan looked up and gave me a nod which I returned. I then continued to Emma.

Once I got there I saw that she must have been fighting the leader considering that he was different from the rest. It was a male that I had never seen before though. He was pale and appeared very strong. He had slightly shaggy longish black hair. Hs skin was pale and he had blood red eyes. I could see that he had sharp teeth and he looked very angry at Emma. I noticed that he had a small wound in his shoulder from Emma's sword that was turning blackish blue from the frostbite. I jumped to the ground stealthily and took out my two pistols. I began to take out the soldiers around them first. The less of a distraction, the better Emma can concentrate.

I easily defeated the majority of the enemies around us successfully turning the tables on the leader. He growled and as Emma won the battle against him. I walked over to the two of them and I could see that he had been using some kind of shadow sword to fight her. Emma had her sword to his neck. I pulled out my own sword and motioned for Emma to back away. Emma did so and I replaced where her sword was with my own. "Who are you?" I asked, venom laced in my voice. He then did something I didn't expect. He began to laugh. I cocked my head to the side confused. "Oh Midnight. You are the smartest of you three. Why don't you figure that out yourself." I nearly recoiled as he said my true name.

You see, before I died and eventually became part of Kathryn, I was a human named Midnight and I lived with my sister Lamia. I was named Midnight because I was born at exactly Midnight. My sister was named after Lamia, a demon that preys on children. In case you haven't guessed, I was the family favorite. Even when we were babies Lamia was very destructive. When we got older we had joined the creepypasta hunters and together we went after Zalgo with our small team. Unfortunately our entire team was killed. Lamia was struck down and killed by Zalgo himself and I was the only one to escape alive. I quit the CP hunters after that but I just couldn't live with myself after Lamia died so I ended up committing suicide by stabbing myself through the heart. Somehow though, my spirit was sucked into one of two crystals on my necklace that had been on the floor next to me. I later discovered that Lamia had also been sucked into a crystal as well.

Years later a young girl, a child came across us. She wore our necklace allowing us to see and hear her thoughts and what she was doing, however we couldn't talk or communicate with her until one day she snapped and so did her soul. She was the only person to ever find us so we couldn't let her die. Me and Lamia replaced the missing parts of her soul with ours but in doing so, we were bonded into her as part of her. Both me and Lamia changed our names though because we didn't like our names so we became called our old code names back when we were hunters. I was known as Stalker and Lamia was known as Fang. We used to be nicknamed the shadow sisters because of our dark names so we added the shadow part in front of our code names. Ever since then we were always with Kathryn and we still are. The only person that me or Lamia ever told our real names to was... "Shadow?" I asked surprised. He smirked and nodded slightly but avoiding the blade I was holding to his throat.

I growled. Shadow was the one that kept terrorizing Kathryn's dreams before because neither me nor Lamia would tell him who we really were. He's the son of Zalgo himself. I was about to kill him when suddenly he shadow travelled away and shifted into his wolf. I could tell Kathryn was scared of him. I readied my sword. He was too fast though. I couldn't keep up with him. He slashed at one of my legs when he lunged forward at me and I couldn't move in time. I fell down and clutched my leg in pain. Shadow came up behind me and I could feel his hot breath right next to my head. "Now Midnight, why don't you let me have a nice chat with Kathryn. Hmm?" He said. I was frozen as I felt his claws right on my back. If I didn't let Kathryn take control, he would kill all three of us, but if Kathryn took control who knows what he is going to do. However the decision wasn't mine apparently. My world faded as Kathryn took control.

"What do you want with me?"