Four

Donny's POV

9:21 am, Wednesday

I woke up. I can still hear her voice. It's beautiful. It's always beautiful. Deep conversations. Something about her is different. Ano ba yan Donny, don't tell me you're in love with her. She's just a friend. You have a girlfriend. Stay loyal. My conscience are fighting.

I went downstairs for breakfast together with my family. After that, I went to the gym with Ella. It was a good day for a gym that's why.

"Donny, I heard you kagabi, who were you talking to?" Ella started while she's in the treadmill.

"Oh, that was Sofia." I said.

"Tita Kring's daughter? Right?" she said with the "nagtataka" look.

"Yep" I said with a smirk.

"I thought you have a girlfriend." Ella said knitting her brows.

"Yes, I do have." I said with my brows almost colliding. She laughed, she must've gone crazy. Sometimes, I don't understand girls.

"Then why are you talking to her late at night?" she finally said something.

"Because she's my friend," I shrugged.

"Tell me the truth." she said it seriously, "Do you like her?" she added.

"No, I'm just trying to be a nice friend you know." I said explaining.

She just smiled at me. "You know when you always think about that person a lot. You care about that person even in small things. You felt something different about that person." she stopped and slide her thumb from her middle finger to the index finger, "That's when you know you're in love." She smiled at me and continue what she's doing.

I keep on thinking about what Ella said. Whatever she mean about it. I still don't get it. I felt the vibration of my phone. I got a text from Karina.

iMESSAGE
Karina ❤
11:23 am, Wednesday

Baby? Why aren't u
answering me? I've
been calling you
since last night.

I'm sorry. I was a
bit busy.

I lied. I don't know why I haven't been paying attention to my girlfriend. Not because I may or may not in love with a close friend of mine which I can say my best friend, but because I feel like she's not being there for me. I feel like she doesn't deserve me. Yung parang may nararamdaman akong kakaiba. Ewan ko talaga.

Sofia's POV

My day was full of laughter with my friends. Angelina and her sisters visited me which I'm really happy about. We also watch a movie at the cinemas after dinner. It was nice catching up with them, they are like my younger sisters aside from my sister Diana.

Days past. I've been hanging out with my friends here Manila. I haven't heard from Donny for days. What's up with him?

I open my phone to text him. I started.

iMESSAGE
Donato Potato
7:41 pm, Friday

Dons how are u?
I haven't heard
from you. Pls let
me know if you're
okay?

He didn't reply. I check my Instagram. My eyes widen when I see a picture. It's Donny. And Karina. The sweet message he got for her. My heart sinks like the Titanic except with the Jack and Rose drama. It just sinks. I can feel my hands shaking, is this what you call heartbroken?
I keep re-reading his message for her.