Thirty Five

The prom has finally come, the promposal wasn't the best but atleast I'm going to the prom with my favorite girl aside from mom and my sisters.

Hannah did my make up because she's good at it and I'm wearing a grey tuxedo with black on the edges. Nobody forgets the black.

"Are you ready to tell her?" Hannah asked as she's busy with doing my make up, "I don't know," I shaked my hand para naman di ako kabahan hahaha. "Tell her!" Benj joins while he's busy with my phone, nawala nya kasi phone nya. "We'll see," I smirked.

After Hannah's done doing my make up, she also started getting ready because she's also going, that's why magiging prom date ko si Sofia, it's because they were allowed to join the prom.

Before I left andaming phones and cameras na nag-pipicture sa'kin, yung iba pang-Snapchat daw, Instagram story at si Hannah naman, para sa vlog nya. Hay nako.

I bid good byes to them before driving off and Hannah was picked up by her date which is Mikhael Camcam, I drive myself to Sofia's house. I waited in the living room.

"Kamusta ka anak?" tita Cristina hugs me and I shaked hands with tito. "I'm good po," I smiled. "I knew about what happened to Sofia, and I'm glad that she have you as her best friend." tita smiled at me.

"It's my duty to be with her always," I smiled back.

Sofia's POV

Mom told me Donny is already there downstairs and I'm shaking a little bit, di ko rin alam kung bakit. Gosh you're going to the prom with your best friend, what could go wrong? My conscience.

I did my make up and I'm wearing an elegant black sparkly gown, what I love about my dress is that it's really flattering and I like the grey details going on with the dress. And I just curled my hair.

I carried my black purse as I went downstairs seeing Donny stand with my parents, kahiya. I hope you see what I'm seeing right now, it's a handsome 18-year-old guy. I really like his suit, honestly hindi kami nag-usap sa kulay, sadyang favorite lang talaga namin hahaha. Ampogi nya shet and his hair dang Donny ang pogi mo.

As I reach the ground floor, I walked towards my parents and hugged them. I walked towards Donny and hugged him, grabe ang bango-bango nya talaga. "Yan ang nangyayare pag laging nanunuod ng YouTube make up tutorials," pang-asar nya, kinurot ko braso nya. "Oh! I have something for you." he placed a flower on my wrist and it really matches the whole look. He also gave me a box of black roses, "Aw, thank you." I hugged him and pinched his cheeks. He knows I love black roses, I really appreciate it. Di na uso yung bouquet sa amin haha, mas gusto ko yung naka-box, ang cute kasi eh.

Before we left, andaming picture taking ang nangyare. Tawa lang kami ng tawa ni Donny, grabe sila mommy hays.

Donny's POV

We arrived at Shangri-La Hotel, there's a red carpet and photographers before we get in to the venue.

We saw our friends gathering and they're so noisy. Nung dumating kami mas maingay grabe.

"Tol, forever na?" Tino teased, sinuntok ko braso nya. We are all chatting and laughing, Sofia also hugged Hannah and her friends. Pretty sure they've missed each other.

We all gathered in the same table, after the program, music started to play...

Others started to dance and even my other friends, I looked at Sofia, "May I have this dance?" I opened my palm for her and she gladly accepted.

We held hands as we walked in the dance floor, I placed my hands on her waist and she placed her tiny hands around my shoulders.

It was beautiful, everything I see is beautiful. We swayed with the music.

"Thank you," she smiled and I did the same thing. "Anything for you," I responded.

"I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I hope you know how much you mean to me, I was about to admit a long time ago but I couldn't, dahil umaaligid na si Marcos sayo. I was too late, kaya yun, I ignored you baka sagabal lang ako. Lumayo tayo physically pero you know what, ikaw yung laman ng puso ko. I thought I cared about you a lot because you're my best friend. But hindi eh, iba eh. I love you more than a best friend and I couldn't imagine my life without you."

And with that a tear came out from Sofia's eyes, I wiped it with my hand and cupped her face.

"Sofia, I love you."

She cries, "I loved you matagal na, when Marcos came along, I thought that I'll forget the feelings I have for you pero hindi eh. Ikaw pa rin talaga, akala ko ako lang ang mag-isang magmahal pero I didn't know." she explained, still her tears are pouring.

"I love you Donny."

She hugs me tight, I hope this night won't end. I'm really happy right now.

"Anu na?!" she laughs. I placed a kissed on her forehead, she smiles. "Do I have to say it? I groaned and she just laughs, déja vu.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She nodded.

And with that, everything I see is magical. I hugged her tight, "Uh Donny?" she asked, "Yes?" I asked. "What about my mom and dad?" she's nervous, I cupped her face, "Don't worry, I already asked them before you went downstairs earlier." I chuckled.

"Langya!" kinurot nya ang tagiliran ko at napa-aray naman ako.

We continued dancing while looking at each other, and before I know it, I leaned a little bit closer. Our lips touched softly, it was gentle yet full of love.

We break apart and we hugged each other. We went back to our table, as we reach there they looked at us and started teasing and finally we told them.

"Congrats kuy and Sof," Hannah hugs us, all of them congratulated us. Ang saya talaga.

It was a beautiful night, a night to remember. We enjoyed the party, we all killed the dance floor and we took so many squad photos.

Sofia told me about that dream she had after she experienced the days she called "grey days." I'm glad she's not experiencing it again, and it will never happen again because she have me. I will always be with her no matter what.