Two

It's Donny.
Donato Antonio Laxa Pangilinan, I can still remember him. I can still remember how dirt was our best friend when we were younger, but now I'm stunned. Puberty must've hit him so hard, that even I, looking at him will melt like a chocolate that is in the chocolate fountain. He is wearing a black sweatshirt, a black pants, and a pair of Adidas. He's really tall, like super tall, I never thought that he would be this tall.

I think my jaw-dropped when he looked at me and smiled. Damn his smile is killing me. "Where's the bathroom?" I ask nervously, Hannah showed me the way. I wash my hands and I was trying to retouch myself. Am I sweating? Oh my, why do I have to impress him duh. I'm here for my Mom, if it wasn't for her I won't be here. It is my brain again, did the talking. "Just be yourself Sofia," I told myself in the mirror.

I went out and saw them in the dining area, it was so festive, so lovely. I can see how Tita Maricel prepared for the dinner tonight which I really appreciate. I see them all setting up in the dining area, I am seeing an empty seat. But. Oh no. Next to Donny.

I had no choice but sit next to him. We had our food, I was a bit quiet because Donny was next to me. I don't want him to get annoyed.

Donny's POV

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SITTING NEXT TO HER. She's not my crush though, I'm really annoyed about her when she pushed me back when we were still little. It sounds childish but I'm so sensitive when she teases me. I can feel her gaze quite a lot. Like what she's doing right now.

"Hey we kinda match," I said half-whispering, leaning closer to her.

"W-what? What do you mean?" she stuttered.

"Like the color." I said referring to what we are wearing.

"Yeah, I really love black." she said with a genuinesmile plastered on her face.

"Same." I laugh a bit. We had small talks at dinner, now we're in the living room with the other kids playing Monopoly.

"So, how are you? It's been so long since we saw each other." I started. Really, I'm trying my best to bring back our friendship.

"I'm good, nothing much to say, I just did what a child do at school." she said half-laughing.

"You live here in Manila for good?" I asked.

"No, we had a break from school, but I'll be leaving soon." she shrugged.

"Oh, do you have any plans moving here for college?" I asked once more curiously, lol dami kong tanong.

"I still don't have plans, I think I'm going to have a gap year. Or uh... I don't know." she said I can feel that she is frustrated.

Sofia's POV

Tita Maricel shares that Hannah sings, she sang a song from Legally Blonde. I don't know which one, but I'm pretty sure she nailed it. And it hunts me when my mom said that I'm a good singer. Why Mom?

"Honey, can you sing a song for us? I love the one that you wrote." Mom asked kindly.

"Uhm, okay." I said. I borrowed Hannah's ukulele, I didn't thought that they have a talent show after dinner. But I did. I started singing...

see you standing there
tall with your dark shiny hair

/Love Hurts - Sofia Romualdez/

Donny's POV

Damn. Her voice is angelic. I can just listen to her all day.

It was getting late, Tita Cristina decided that they better get going. We say goodbye to each other, but suddenly Sofia and I had an awkward eye contact. I don't know what to say. I should say goodbye.