7. Trouble

Four hours later, the two were finally on their way home from their adventure. Camila had enjoyed Shawn's treehouse very much, she liked the freedom the place gave her and Shawn. The two felt happy in that wooden house, the two smiled at the thought. From the experience, Camila had collected the two polaroids they had taken, while Shawn a few photos on his phone.

They sat in the car, Ed Sheeran playing in the background. Shawn was serenading her with his sweet voice, "You have an amazing voice." She complimented. Shawn grinned, "Thank you. So do you." She shook her head. "Yes, you do." She smiled choosing not to push the conversation further.

By the time, they arrived back into town, it was dark and Camila didn't want to go home. She didn't want to face her mother but she knew she would have to, no matter how much she didn't want to.

She sighed as Shawn pulled up at the end of the road. Shawn looked over at her, "What's wrong?" She shrugged. "My mum, I don't really want to face her." He smiled joining their hands together he reassured her, "It'll be alright." She smiled nodding. She reached back to collect her bag and moved to hug Shawn. "See you." She smiled. He gave a quick wave before pulling away, not risking getting caught.

As Camila reached her front door, she stopped for a moment. She checked the time on her phone to find it was only 5:30. I can work with that.

She placed her keys in the lock and opened the door. "Mum?" She called out. "In here, Karla." Camila dropped her bag at the stairs and moved to the kitchen.

Her mother stood waiting for Camila arms crossed staring at the girl but being cautious to take a few glances at the oven to check on the food. "Where have you been? You know you're grounded." Camila nodded, "I know but I decided to stay at the library to my work, you know since it's such a quiet place." Sinu nodded, seemingly going along with it.

"Why wasn't Chloe with you?" Camila waved her hand, "Oh she was busy shopping." Sinu shook her head, "That doesn't sound like Chloe." Camila rolled her eyes, truth be told Chloe wasn't a smart girl. Camila did the work, Chloe went shopping. Her mother, however, never saw that.

"Well, she did today. It wasn't group work." Camila explained and Sinu nodded once more. "OK well, dinner's in ten minutes." Camila nodded and headed up to her room, picking her bag up on the way.

Once she reached her room, she fell to her bed. She sighed in complete bliss, she had had an amazing day with Shawn in the treehouse and she couldn't wait to go back. While thinking about her day, she realised she had left the polaroids in the bottom of her bag.

Darting off the bed she quickly grabbed her bag and began rummaging through it for the pictures. Once she found the two pictures she found a spare pin on her bulletin board and pinned the two pictures to the board. She adored the two pictures and wanted to constantly be reminded of the day.

Minutes later, Camila was called down to dinner and she moved down the stairs for another awkward dinner with her mother.

The trouble she was getting into with Shawn, she just couldn't stay away.
______________________________________

As Shawn pulled into the driveway and turned the engine of the car off, he sat there for another few moments thinking back to the day's events. It was fun, they had both felt free and able to do whatever they wanted, he had given her an insight into his old life and she happily looked, without asking or pushing him too far. Shawn was extremely grateful for that, he didn't want to have to tell her yet. Not until he was ready.

He pulled his phone out to check the time, 5:45. He smiled at his lock screen when Camila wasn't looking he had changed the lock screen to a picture of the two, gleaming at the camera. Shawn had his head on top of hers, eyes crossed and tongue out as Camila looked above, her nose crinkled and a smile gleaming over her face. They had a right old laugh, after seeing it.

After another moment, Shawn finally clambered out of the car. He locked and quickly scanned for damage, realising he hadn't done it the first time. Breathing a sigh of relief, he stood back up from his crouched position and entered the house. He dropped his keys, walked through the living room and retrieved a bottle of water from the fridge and grabbed a mini cupcake from Hailee's 'secret' box.

His eyes widened when he realised that the living room was full of people. He quickly ate the cupcake, hoping Hailee hadn't seen and walked back in. "What are you doing?" He asked them. "We were talking about you and this new girl you're seeing." Shawn's head immediately snapped his head to Hailee and glared. 

The guys and Hailee began laughing, "Why are you laughing?" He demanded to know. They continued to laugh. Shawn grew irritated and walked over to Jack and whacked him in the head. He began to moan in pain, while the others laughed. He continued moving around the group and hit each of them in the head until he reached Hailee. He quickly put her in a headlock and began rubbing his hand against her hair. "Not the hair, Shawn!" He began laughing. "Tell me why you were laughing." Hailee groaned, "Your face was red." 

He let go of Hailee and she fell to the ground. The six of them all lay on the ground moaning and groaning in pain. "You should've just told me." He laughed. "But did you have to hit us so hard?" Ian spoke up. Brian nodded in agreement, bringing his hand to his forehead. "Yea, couldn't you have been just a little bit more gentle?" Shawn shook his head.

"Night!" He called moving to go up the stairs. The six of them sprung up and Jack came in front of him, holding his arm out to stop him. "Nope. We're going to talk about you and this girl." Shawn groaned and moved to lie on the couch. "What about her?" "Do you like her?" "We're friends." "Would you kiss her?" "No. We're friends." "What's her name?" "Camila." "Is she fit?"

Hailee gasped, "Matt!" Matt laughed, "Calm down Haiz." He turned back to Shawn. "Seriously." Shawn sighed taking his phone out of his pocket and showing them his lock screen. "Aw." Hailee giggled at the two. Shawn glared, "Face it." Jack spoke. "What?"

They all leaned in close, faces hovering above him. "You like her." Shawn's eyes widened. "No I don't." "Yes you do." He shook his head and got up making his way up the stairs.

Did he like Camila? They were friends. But he did feel that draw to kiss her cheek. She was always adorable and cute. She was pretty girl with an amazing figure, no denying it. But he also loved her giggly and outgoing personality. He liked it. He liked her.

Shit. He did like her.

Oh the trouble she was causing him.