chapter twenty-four

so kiss the boy has over thirty thousand reads??

what???

why????

that book is horrible ew

but thank you so much <3

anyways this is probs gonna be the last chapter

brace yourselves :)

~ansley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Months passed. Mitch and Scott were happy, and surprisingly no pirates tried to take that away from them. Mitch couldn't help but be worried they were planning something much, much worse than their attempt on Scott's life, but he didn't dwell on it too much, not wanting to scare his baby.

One day, the Jolly Roger came across a ship. Mitch was still a pirate, so he commanded the crew to stop, kissed Scott goodbye, and climbed on board.

Things were going well for a while. Mitch's pirates looted every room and threw their prizes back onto their ship, and they had even started to come back. Scott eagerly awaited Mitch's return, wanting cuddles.

But when Mitch didn't come back, Scott began to get impatient. He dared to defy Mitch's orders and crept out of their chambers to see where his daddy was. Mitch was just starting to come back on, twirling his knife in his fingers with a malicious glint in his dark eyes. Scott's heart jerked and he stepped back, knowing that look anywhere — back when Mitch was still mean to him, the captain had had that look in his eyes as he watched Scott writhe in pain before him.

However, the look disappeared as soon as Mitch saw Scott, and he hurried happily over to him, sliding his knife in its sheath. Hi, darling," he said softly, tilting his head up and kissing him softly. He didn't care about the other pirates jealously watching. Scott relaxed and kissed him back, murmuring a soft, "Hi, Daddy," against Mitch's lips. Mitch smiled and pulled away. "What are you doing out of our chambers?" he asked, and though there was no scolding in his voice, Scott still flinched. "I missed you, Daddy. I wanted to see where you were," he said quietly, wrapping his arms around himself. Mitch frowned and stood on his tiptoes to peck his lips. "Hey. Relax, baby. I'm not mad."

While Mitch wasn't paying attention to the other pirates, that meant his guard was down. Therefore, he didn't notice when the crew of the other ship climbed over to the Jolly Roger and began sneaking up on the pair.

Luckily, Henry noticed. "C-Captain, look out!" he called as he rushed forward to try and get them away. Mitch quickly turned around, his hand going to his knife in his hip. Alarm flashed in his eyes at the approaching men and he quickly shielded Scott behind him, unsheathing his knife.

Once again, things were going well. Mitch quickly killed his opponent before they could even look at Scott, but he was only one person. The men kept coming, and every enemy Mitch felled was just replaced with another. The captain felt his energy depleting after a while, but he refused to give up.

Unfortunately, his exhaustion caused him to falter, and his opponent managed to knock his knife out of his hand. The man smirked down at Mitch, tilting his head up with the tip of his own knife. "Gotcha."

The entire ship went silent. Mitch's pirates had never seen their captain defeated.

Scott's eyes widened from his position behind Mitch, and he sat up, his heart pounding in his chest.

Mitch's eyes darkened and he twisted out of the man's grip before he could react. "I shall not be defeated," he snapped, picking up his knife in a swift movement.