Chapter 7

Diana's POV

"Faye!!!" I screamed my breathing was heavy. I looked over to my left to see Arthur run into the room, his eyes were wide and an unnatural color of black.

His panic was hard to look through and he was staring right at me. I looked at his lips, the ones that touch mine late last night. I licked mine without knowing.

Miles growl broke through the silence, as he ran in behind Arthur.

I looked over to see a sleeping Faye next to me. She looked like a mess. Her hair was all messed up, her face was dirty and she had dried blood on her forehead and cheek.

"Get out of here!" I gritted through my teeth, Arthur looked taken aback, he didn't want to leave me. Miles gave him a shove through the door before looking at Faye with loving eyes.

I groaned as I rolled out of under the bed covers and onto the carpeted flooring. I recognized the master bedroom from the wall color. A light teal blue covered the walls.

I walked out of the room into the bathroom to splash some water on my face. The memories of last night flooded into my mind. I rubbed my head in frustration, then walked out of the room to the kitchen.

As I came out, I saw Miles and Arthur glaring at each other. Their eyes showed rage.

"Will you two just stop it?" I said as I walk in between them pushing at their chests while doing so. I moved into the kitchen and ate a scotcheroo. I then looked in the fridge for a bottle of water. "I don't want you guys to wake Faye, and we are going to have to have a serious conversation about killing each other in my presence."

"He is the one who tried to kill me!" Miles said under his breath.

"Oh, what was that kibble breath? I was worried that Diana was in danger! You would've done the same!"

That's when shouting and shoving happened . I got pissed off quickly.

"Stop! I said stop it you idiots!" I heard a door open then close. The boys were too busy arguing to see Faye walk into the room. She looked worse coming out of the bedroom. She walked into the kitchen and looked at the two arguing immature boys.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed two frying pans out of the drawer by our feet. She walked back over behind the boys and slammed the pans together, creating a long 'bang' that echoed through the house.

The boys stopped and put their handed over their ears along with me.

"Faye!" Miles screamed and rushed at Faye, he picked her up and swung her around in a circle.

"PUT ME DOWN! NOW!" She screamed at him. He slowly lowered her and backed away.

"That's much better, I really need you to stop picking me up." She held her hand out pointing at Miles. "You know what? Just stop touching me in general. You BOTH need to learn to FUCKING get along if you want anything from either of us. Got that?"

"Why are you in such a foul mood?" Arthur said as he looked at Faye, she glared at him.

"Oh, I don't know." She put one hand on her hip and the other tapped her chin. "It could possibly be A.) the fact that you two asshats started to physically fight, and I got punched in the fucking face by one of you. B.) Diana had to freeze you in place. C.) Diana passed out and I carried you all to bed. Or D.) The fact that I didn't go to bed till four in the fucking morning, and got woken up at eight in the morning by two screaming dipshits."

"I'm going to go with all of the above." Diana said.

"Oh look who is a fucking smart ass this early in the morning." Faye said as she placed her head in her hands. "Do you know how heavy you all are? And you were frozen in the most fucking awkward positions ever."

"See, you are much nicer than I am. I would've left them there all night." I told her. Miles eyes went to the floor and Arthur was shaking his head.

"Whatever. I'm starving. Anyone want to go for a run or play a game?" Faye said.

"What does food have to do with running?" Miles asked.

"Well, I was hungry but then going outside sounded fun but now I just want to stay inside and eat." She paused. "Now I'm hungry again." I slid the scotcharoos toward her and she ate one immediately.

"Slow your roll, Faye. I'm going to make pancakes, so shut up and sit down. Who wants some?" I ask them. Walking over to the stove, I turn it on and get out the pan.

"Hey, get me the eggs and milk, oh and I don't know where your family keeps the bisquick?" I tell Faye, she runs to find what I need. The boys both take a seat at opposite ends of the island.

"Here Diana, what else do you want?"

"Nothing, that should be good."

"Sweet." Faye ran over to the master bedroom.

"Thanks for the help!" I yelled sarcastically after her.

"No fucking problem bitch!" She yelled back.

"Fuck you bitch!" I smile at the batter in the bowl in front of me. In a moment the room filled with music. She ran out of the master and turned up the volume.

Little talks by Of Monsters and Men started to play. We started to sing along and I poured the batter into the pan.

'I don't like walking around this old and empty house

So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear

The stairs creak as I sleep,

It's keeping me awake

It's the house telling you to close your eyes

And some days I can't even trust myself

It's killing me to see you this way

'Cause though the truth may vary

This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

Hey! Hey! Hey!

There's an old voice in my head

That's holding me back

Well tell her that I miss our little talks

Soon it will all be over, and buried with our past

We used to play outside when we were young

And full of life and full of love

Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right.

Your mind is playing tricks on you my dear

'Cause though the truth may vary

This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

"Okay, breakfast is ready." I tell them. Faye is first to grab a pancake, stacking four on her plate. I widen my eyes at the amount of powdered sugar she adds. "Faye you are going to have the worst sugar rush!"

"I don't give a damn!" Then she started to eat.

"Do you boys want any?"

"Yes, I'll have some please." Miles said. I handed him a plate and he grabbed three.

"What about you Arthur, would you like one or something else?" I asked not even looking up to see his eyes or lips. I could feel his intense gaze on me.

"No thank you I'm not hungry."

"Suit yourself." I took a seat next to Faye and put peanut butter on my stack of two pancakes.