Chapter 19

Faye's POV

"Yeah, it is very strange that you have a lot of vases like that." I looked at Miles confused, he looked royally mad.

"I used to have more, but someone broke them." He spoke. I just shrugged my shoulders under the blanket.

"Oh, I could go for some hot wings and fried pickles." I spoke out loud. Arthur looked at me with disgust while Diana tried to suppress her laugh with her hand. "I'm gonna go run." With that I shifted and took off into the woods. I left the blanket, Miles, Diana and Arthur behind as I ran.

Diana's POV

"Faye!" I yelled as I saw her wolf run away into the woods, I looked into the dense forest. "Where is she going? Is she alright?" I asked, Miles just laughed and shook his head.

"She is just fine Diana, a wolf has been suppressed in her body for 18 almost 19 years. I think she just needs to get rid of some energy and she's gonna be craving some weird stuff." Arthur spoke.

"Yeah, she has plenty of land to run on." Miles added.

"What if she gets off your land?"

"Oh, she won't," Miles brushed off the comment. "I have men at the edge and some following her as we speak."

"Creepy." I whispered under my breath.

"Here she comes now." Miles spoke, three seconds later a wolf ran right along the water. I watch as Miles shifted and followed her, I quickly lost him.

Arthur picked me up and ran after them, staying on his side of the creek. I watched as we caught up with Faye and Miles. I grinned like a fangirl when I watch Miles nip at Fayes back paws and sides as she ran.

"Alright, why don't we learn about something in history?" I asked, as I saw Faye switch directions. Arthur smiled and ran back to his house. In the distance I heard a light howl and a deeper one. Faye and Miles.

Soon we were standing in his library once again.

"Okay Arthur, tell me the one thing history books get wrong the most." I say taking a seat on one of the black leather couches. Arthur takes a seat next to me and turns to face me.

"Well, historians got very little things right, so you'll have to be a bit more specific." He told me leaning back on the armrest.

"Fine, give me a second."

"Take your time, my Crescent Goddess." He grinned when I smacked his arm and gave him a death glare.

"Don't call me that, it's weird. Tell me about your life, you know, before." I gestured to all of him.

"It's interesting that my life is what you would ask about but alright." Arthur sat there and stared at the ceiling for a second, then looked at me. "What part about me? Like when I was born? Where I mainly lived? When I was turned? Because I am basically history."

"Start from the beginning please, and we'll work from there." I told him as I turned and pulled my legs onto the couch, giving him my full attention.

"Being as old as I am, I can't be sure when my birthdate really was. We didn't keep calendars the same way we do now."

"Wow." I said more to myself. Arthur laughed lightly.

"Yeah, so I don't know what my birthday is..."

"Do you celebrate it? Just pick a random day and celebrate it?"

"No, I've never really cared about it."

"Bullshit. Everyone loves to celebrate their birthday!" I threw my arms in the air.

"I don't know how to celebrate it."

"Oh dear..." I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the couch and out of the library.

"Where are we going?" Arthur asked as he followed me, he smiles at our hands. I walked further into the woods. "Okay, you're just going to pull me randomly into the woods." At the sight of the creek I moved faster.

"FAYE!" I screamed. "FAYE! Come here girl!" Faye ran out of the woods in human form. She had on a large gray t-shirt and gym shorts.

"I'm not a fucking dog, bitch."

"Whatever, I can call you bitch now." Faye rolled her eyes. "What are you wearing?" I asked Faye, she blushed.

"Miles said that they would help my wolf, with the mate pull and shit." She answered. "They are way too big for me."

"Yeah, oh hey!" I pulled Arthur up to my side. "This guy here hasn't celebrated a birthday. He doesn't even know his birthday."

"Haha, Old Man!" Faye laughed, Arthur hissed. "Oh calm down you grumpy cat."

"So, today it Arthur's birthday. Happy Birthday Arthur!"

"Faye what did I say about running away?" Miles came out of the woods.

"That I'm too fast for you to catch." Miles growled at Faye's response. "Diana we need to set up for the party." Faye nodded at me and I winked back. Soon the boy caught on to what we were thinking.

"Don't you dare." Miles said.

"I'm gonna kill you pup." Arthur pointed towards Faye.

"Put on your war paint!" Faye screams, She shifted and ran in the middle of the creek and I ran to jump on her back. She did a little yip as she ran fast. I gripped onto her fur tightly. I saw a growling Miles behind us on the right, he was running in wolf form. Arthur was keeping up at Fayes speed.

"Go faster!" I yelled. Faye yelped at the nip Miles made at her side. I felt the wind smack my face at a faster rate, I held my head down into her fur. It smelled like her vanilla shampoo and conditioner. The shade of the trees hit my back with the spots of sunlight.

Then the sun hit my back warming it up. I looked up to see the lake house to our right.

Behind us Miles and Arthur caught up. Both looked pissed off. I smiled as Faye wagged her bushy tail.

"Tonight we will have a bonfire! Happy Birthday!" Arthur groaned and Miles did a wolf like chuckle. "I'm gonna go inside, get some matches and some clothes for you two" I pointed at Faye and Miles. "and you two will get some sticks, Arthur you build the fire in that pit over there." With nods everyone went to separate till a long howl broke through the air.

More howls followed. Miles joined in and took off into the forest. I place my hand on Faye as she looked worriedly into the forest.

'Trespasser.'

I heard her voice in my head. I quickly pulled my hand away then placed it back.

'Switching lands between Miles and Arthur. Up in the trees.'

Arthur took off into the woods next.

"Faye, we have to stop them from hurting the trespasser." With a nod, I climbed on her back as she sniffed the air and followed their scent.