Chapter 10

Faye's POV

"Yeah, I think we both need a shower. I'll go and get our bags from downstairs, be right back." Diana says then rushes out of the door.

I wonder what the boys are talking about, we need to get away from these wackjobs or we will never be free.

"Um, Faye where is Diana going so fast?" Miles and Arthur came to stand in the doorway between the master bedroom and bathroom.

"Oh, she went to go get our bags, we are going to take a shower." I tell them.

"Move, coming through, heavy bags here!" Diana pushed past the boys and dropped her bag on the floor.

"Well, why are you guys still standing there? Go away, we're about to shower." I tell them, Miles's face got much more red before he left and Arthur disappeared behind him.

"That was funny, did you see his face?" Diana laughed. She threw me my bag and bent down to open hers.

"Hey, so do you want the bath or shower?" I ask her, she looked up from her bag and winked.

"Oh hallelujah, finally girl time." Diana spoke, she said our code, that means she wants to talk without talking or without being heard or both.

"Being blue is better than being over it, Diana." She smiled and turned on the water in the shower.

"Okay, I don't think they'll be able to hear us now. Do you have a plan, because I've tried everything I had." She said in a hushed tone.

"So, that's it, we are leaving right. You don't want to stay with him?" I question her.

"Why are you even asking that, of course I don't want to stay. We'd be like all of those fictional girls, the ones that stay with the guy they just met. I can't do that." She's been very adamant about her decision, I wonder why.

"Well, I was asking because I know you kissed. So I thought maybe you changed your mind."

"How you know that we had kissed?"

"I can smell him on you."

"Wait, what? What does he smell like?" She said with her head cocked to the left.

"It's different than your's, more coffee, sugar, and spices. I don't like his scent, it's too sweet, too 'perfect'." I told her, she shook her head.

"Okay, I'm getting in, turnaround." I tell her.

I hear the shower turn on, she closed the curtain.

"I'm in."

"So hey, what are we going to do? What are your thoughts about this whole thing anyway?" She asks me.

"I don't know, I mean..." I stopped to choose my words wisely. "It feels nice to be wanted and cared for. Miles brought me back to you when I needed you, he got in a fight for me. I mean hell, all of this exists." I threw my arms in the air. "I actually have an Alpha mate! Do you know how many books I read and wanted to have that? To have this life?"

"Yeah, I can see that."

"But, we made a life for ourselves. One that we have been waiting for. I don't want to give up all of our hard work." I hit the wall. "It's just so frustrating!"

"I know, I can't decide what to do." Diana got out of the shower and I quickly stripped off my clothes, and hopped in. "It's like my head is telling me one thing, but..."

"But what?"

"But it feels like you and I need to stay here. Almost as if there is something that we need to do."