Chapter 26

A scream was heard as I sat on the couch. I picked up my head as I looked out the window. I didn't hear another, so I turned my head to look back at the pack as they prepared.

Another scream was heard. I looked at Wren to see her sleeping soundly. I saw that Miles was into the movie and didn't hear anything.

"Faye!" It was faint, but I could hear it clearly. I looked around.

"Did you hear that Miles?" I asked as I sat up and looked around the room.

"No, I didn't. It could've just been the pack." I nodded my head as Miles cran his fingers up and down my arm. "What did you hear?"

"I thought I heard someone yell my name."

"Faye!" It was Michael, I stood up and looked out the window to see him run through the woods with the pack on his tail. "Faye!" I ran outside and stood at the porch.

"Stop." I said as I ran towards Michael, he was out of breath and bleeding. I looked over his wounds. "What's wrong Michael?" I asked.

"H-hunters." He collapsed on the ground. "They a-are attacking Arthur's people. Outnumbered." He looked at Miles, "They will be here soon." Miles nodded his head as he went straight to his beta.

"What about Diana?" I asked myself.

"She is helping Arthur, but she is growing weaker by the second."

"No." I whispered. Wren came out and looked at Michael. Some of Miles man carried Michael to bandage him up as Wren followed behind. She turned to me and whispered one word.

"Hurry."

Miles stood up straighter and looked at his men. "Be prepared to fight, head to the boundary and kill every single one of those bastards." The pack left in an instant. I saw women and children run towards the pack house as men and teens guarded it. Others went straight to the boundary line. I stood there in horror.

"Diana!" I screamed. I ran to find her, till some one held me back. I looked up to see Miles holding my arm. "Let me go, I have to help!"

"You just shifted Faye, I want you to stay back."

"I don't care about what you fucking want. I need to fight."

"No." Miles said as he lifted me up and carried me over to some men.

"Put me down Miles, Diana needs me!" Miles, pulled my lips to his. This kiss was urgent and rushed, once he pulled away I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I watched as Miles pulled his lips away from my shoulder and handed me over to the men.

'That son of a bitch just marked me.'

"Keep her safe, lock her in my room and don't let her out." He placed me in the men's arms.

"Come back here Miles!" I screamed, he continued to walk. "Face me you coward! Don't you ignore me!" I watched as Miles ran off into the forest. Tears streamed down my face as the men carried me into the house. I screamed in protest. "Diana!"

The door to the house opened and I was pushing against the men, still screaming. I looked up to see Wren as she swung a chair at the man's head and Michael beat up the other guy beside me. I fell to the floor with a 'thud' I looked at Wren as she was advanced on by the man. Michael came up with a vase in hand and smashed it, knocking the man out. I look up at them and saw it as they stood there.

"Thank you!" I yelled as I hugged them quickly then pulled away. "Leave now, go to the lake house and use the phone. Miles won't notice. I'll find you afterward." I said as I looked at them.