Chapter 21

Faye's POV

"Oh I don't know, nevermind. Let's just figure out what to do with her." I said. She was still on the ground, scared and confused. Up close, I can see that she is a small girl, slim and short, probably our age. Her long curly blond hair is messy, with leaves and twigs caught in it. What really got me is the fact that she has two different colored eyes. Dark brown and a light baby blue.

"What's your name?" Diana asked her. The girl just shied away.

"We aren't going to hurt you. Not like you did anyway, I have more manners than that." I stuck my tongue out at her, showing that I'm joking. She smiled and laughed.

"Wren, my name is Wren." She almost whispered.

"Good. That's a start. My name is Faye, this is Diana, and those two murder happy idiots are Miles and Arthur. Don't worry though, Diana and I won't let them touch you." I smiled at her and she seemed to calm down. Slowly I walked to her and helped her stand.

"You don't ge-" Arthur stopped mid sentence when Diana shot him a deathly glare.

"Now why don't you tell us why you ran onto the border of Vampires and Werewolves. I know you can't be human, not with those eyes and you smell different." She nodded her small head and reached out to grab my hand.

Suddenly I wasn't in the woods anymore. I was standing in the parking lot of the gas station and boat rental. I looked down at my hands and I was holding what had to be a bag from the gas station. Looking up, a familiar truck pulled into pump 4. The driver door opened and a guy stepped out to pay for gas. Wait, I know him, Michael is standing not 20 feet away from me. But I'm not me am I? I made a squeak noise turned, trying to get far away from him, but why? I heard him chuckle lightly.

"I thought they killed the last of your kind. How did you make it this far south?"

I didn't even make it to the sidewalk before I was grabbed by the shoulder and roughly turned around. I came face to face with Michael. He stopped short, frozen.

Michael's eyes seemed to change, like he saw something he wasn't expecting. In a quick moment I pushed him down. Before he could regain his bearings I ran across the street and jumped on the passing tobacco truck. Turning back, I can see Michael jump off of the ground and rush to his truck, but he forgot to actually pump the gas.

The tree tops and blue sky flashed in front of me. I'm me again.

"What the hell was that?" I rubbed my head.

"What do you mean? What happened?" Diana was sitting next to me on the forest floor, worry evident on her face.

"Sorry, that was me. I should have warned you, but I just showed her one of my memories. That is why I'm here." Wren told us. Today is so not my day dealing with all of this supernatural shit.

"Okay, but why were you running through the trees if you got away?" I asked her. She jumped as if she just remembered something important.

"Oh right, that's because he caught up to me and I took off running into the woods. He was trying to kill me so wasn't thinking, I'm sorry." She looked about ready to cry.

"Then you ran into us?" She nodded yes.

"So he's still after you?" Her eyes got big, but again she nodded yes.

"How far behind was he?"

"Really close." She whispered.

"Right behind you actually." I turned around at the noise, Michael walked out of the tree line, gun pointed at Wren. Miles growled and Arthur flashed in front of Diana. However, when Michael saw Diana and I, he lowered the gun and froze.