Chapter 23

Faye's POV

I ran through the wood with Wren on my back. I felt the wind in my fur as Wren laughed at Miles who was keeping up. Wren seemed to be having fun with the supernatural world.

I thought that it would be a good idea to leave early to set up the fire. Miles had our clothes in a backpack that he held in his mouth.

Wren gasped once we got to the lake house. I shook my wolf head at her. She slid off and walked over to the bonfire.

"You guys did a lot of work here." I tilted my head to the side as I looked at her. "I can see this land's past." She cleared up. Miles went to grab sticks and logs. His Alpha strength was helping him. I went to help. Wren went to pick up the dry sticks as she made kindling for the fire. Once we had all of the back yard cleaned up from the wood, that was either on the fire or in a stack on the side. Miles handed me the backpack as Wren climbed up my back. We went into the house as she helped me into the beautiful soft purple, long fitted dress. Wren's dress was a light pastel orange with a little poof in the skirt.

After we got dressed, I ordered pizza and loaded and ice chest full of drinks. I sent Wren down to Miles with the backpack and a box of matches so he could start the fire. Wren then helped me load everything into the back of my truck. Plates, the ice chest, chips and stuff for smores'.

"Faye!" I ran to the window of the the lake house and looked outside to see Diana looking for me.

I ran around the house as I saw her look at me. She looked beautiful in her flowing, midnight blue, floor length dress.

"Hey!" I looked over at Arthur who stood a distance from the fire, "Happy Birthday Old Man!" I slapped his back.

"Watch your tongue pup." Arthur hissed

"Whatever."

"Faye, we need to talk." Diana started.

"I'm alive, no one worry about me." Michael said as he walked up to the fire.

"I lead you the right way." Arthur said.

"No, I was lead towards a witch." Michael pointed at Diana. "Don't forget the bitch." He then nodded at me. I picked up a stick and through it at Michael's head, hitting him square on the chest.

"Hey Faye, can we talk please?" I heard a honk up the driveway.

"Pizzas here. Be right back, Diana tell me on the way."

Once we made it up the hill and paid for the pizza Diana look at me as we climbed into my truck.

"Okay Faye, how do I say this." I looked over at Diana, "You are a descendant of an Artemis hunter."

"What?"

Diana then explain my mom's intentions on why she put me on my medication and how I am a werewolf.

"Damn." I said shocked. Diana nodded.

"Why don't we just relax tonight?" Wren spoke up behind us. We both nodded as I turn on the car and drove it around the house. I backed it up to the fire and put my music on shuffle.

"Alright old man, lets party!"

Diana's POV

I laughed at Faye's nickname for Arthur. It only pissed him off. We all grabbed some food and sat on the bed on the truck, just listening to the music.

"Faye? Diana? There is something you need to know." A glare came from Arthur as Michael spoke.

"What is it?" I asked slowly.

"If you want to live to see the sunrise, you will keep your mouth shut or I will prove that you are mortal." Arthur hissed.

"We all know that he is mortal, now quit interrupting him or I will throw a stick at your heart." Faye threatened.

"Just let me tell them, please?" Arthur pleaded.

"Fine, but if you don't I will." Michael agreed.

"Okay, so Faye you are a descendant of Artemis Hunters."

"Uh huh, Diana already told me. Tell me something I don't know."

"That is a very dangerous statement pup. There is a lot the you do not know and it is better. There are many thing that are secret and must stay secret. Like this topic." Arthur responded.

"You are very strange and cryptic, Old Man." Faye rolled her eyes, and Arthur hissed back.

"Just tell them Arthur." Miles spoke.

"Legend has it that-"

"Wait!" Faye held up her hand. "Legend? As in older time stories that will come true and we will see come to pass. Prophecies?"

"Yes, Legend has it that two from different bloodlines will deceive fate and when fate is troubled it will make life work the way it wants us too."

"In other words, two will try to mess with fate and when fate has had enough of their rebellious act it will make you follow it." Miles said. Faye and I laughed at this.

"Is this something that you are trying to use against us?" I questioned.

"We don't want you to rebel against fate, something bad could happen." Michael said, Faye glanced at Wren for a moment then went back to the conversation.

"How many times do I have to tell you that fate doesn't exist?" Faye yelled.

"How do you explain me running into the woods and finding you both with your mates and mine?" Michael questioned.

"How do you explain your abilities?" Arthur questioned.

"How do you explain the bond?" Miles questioned.

"You both are lonely bastards, Miles when you saw me alone you took your chance to take me. Arthur you decided to take Diana and then you both threw us into this world." Faye screamed. "Now I don't care what fate does, because it isn't real."

"Honestly this is still a sensitive topic, why don't we go back to the party?" Michael asked.

"Now you see why I didn't want to bring this up?" Arthur questioned Michael.

"Why not make it a challenge?" Miles questioned. "Obviously we have different... 'opinions' about what fate is. So Faye Diana, if you both can spend the night in the moment with all of us and not worry we will stop arguing what fate is with you."

"Deal?" Arthur questioned.

"Deal." Faye and I agreed.