Chapter 4

My palms were getting sweaty, my heart was racing,my head was pounding,I was enraged and i don't know why. What did she want and why was she fighting with Austin? I started to walk towards them but was stopped by rob grabbing my wrist and pulling me back.

"Jessica! What are you doing?!" He was almost yelling in a whisper.

"I can't go stop them from arguing? I don't even know who she is or what she wants with Austin!" I tried to be as quiet as possible but the people around us knew something was up.

"Why do you even care Jess?! Wait a second. Do you, do you like Austin?" Roberts tone turned quickly as his angered frown turned into a triumphant smirk. Oh crap. He knows.

"What are you talking about rob?" I was whispering now and i could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. What if he tells Austin? I mean I don't think i would mind Austin knowing i liked him. No wait i would mind a little too much actually. we met 4 hours ago and i'm basically falling for a stranger.

"I'm gonna tell him." Rob was talking in the softest yet most intimidating voice. He cant tell austin. what if he thinks im weird? I just cant let this happen.

"Okay yes i have a teeny crush on him but you cant tell him rob you cant. please promise me you wont tell him anything. I need you to swear to me that you wont say anything." I was begging rob to promise me this one tiny thing and i was ready to grovel for it.

"Calm down Jess. i wont say anything I promise." He smiled at me and stuck his pinky out for us to pinky swear on it. If he is a good guy then he won't break a pinky swear. I smiled back and we crossed our pinkys only to be jolted back by someone yelling.

"SO THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR US? YOU HAVE NO FEELINGS FOR ME AT ALL?"

"NO ALEXIS I DO NOT HAVE ANY FEELINGS FOR YOU AND I NEVER WILL! YOU BROKE UP WITH ME REMEMBER?!" Why was Austin yelling so loud? I noticed the tears staring to form in Alexis' eyes. A few administrators started for their direction and Alexis bolted for the door. I looked at rob and he shook his head and mouthed the words 'I don't know' what happened between them?

"Should we go over there or wait for him to come over here?" Zach made me jump a little bit because i didn't realize he and Alex had been standing right behind us the whole time. I was hoping rob would answer because i was still trying to process Austin's words. YOU BROKE UP WITH ME REMEMBER?!

"So they were together!" I didn't mean to be so abrupt and yell it out but it just happened. I knew that something was odd between them. But i had no idea that they used to be an item.

"Well Austin asked us not to say anything to you because he wanted to tell you. But i guess the cats out of the bag now." So that's why Alex was acting so weird he was trying to keep it on the DL. It all makes sense now.

"I think we should go to our table and wait for Austin to come to us." Zach was right we should wait for Austin to blow off some steam and calm down a little bit. I wouldn't be mad if he wanted to tell me later i mean it seems to be a bit of a touchy subject for him.

"So you guys don't leave for lunch?" i guess things at this school were a bit different.

"No we aren't allowed to. district policy." Robert's replay was a bit sour but i can see why he would be. the lunches here looked a little atrocious. Maybe I could get away with it since i was new here? The thought of going to whataburger was becoming more and more pleasing. Just as i was about to suggest my idea Austin walked towards us. He grabbed my arm pulled me out of the booth and took me outside. He had a strong yet gentle touch that some would call comforting.

"What the hell Jess! Why would you say that to her?" I was completely confused and i didn't know what to say to him.

"What are you talking about Austin? say what to who?" I was being completely honest. i had no idea what he was talking about. I started to wonder if it was Alexis that said something to Austin. would she be scummy enough to lie about me to him?