Chapter 8

School finally ended and it was almost time for the game. Since the game started at around 7:30 I needed to find a way to kill some time.

"Austin hurry up!" I yelled watching Austin walk towards me. It seemed like his pace was slowing down a little bit and I was going to become very irritated.

"Ow my legs are sticking together. I... can't... move..." Austin stopped moving and a devilish grin crept upon his face. He knew I had to follow his schedule since he brought me to school. How could I possibly get him back.

"Wow Austin that's how you're gonna treat me? Don't worry I'll get you back." I crossed my arms and stuck my leg out showing him I meant business. My plan sort of backfired on me though. Austin raised his eyebrow and laughed.

"Oh really? You're gonna 'get me back'? Ha yeah right!" As he turned around to walk back towards the school I reacted instantly. He was halfway to the front doors when I jumped on his back. It was almost like he knew I planned on jumping on him because he caught me. He spun around in a circle and all I could do was giggle.

"Okay okay stop! You win! I promise I won't try to get you back. Please put me down." I couldn't stop laughing and I kinda liked it. The only bad thing about it, Austin knew I liked it.

"No I don't think I can do that Jess."

"Well why not." Austin stopped spinning and just walked towards his car. He was giving me a piggy ride with no problem. Like I said he was very buff for a 17 year old.

"Because I don't want to. I know you like piggy back rides so I'm gonna keep you on my back." We were a few steps from his car when he turned to place me in the back of the range rover.

"But how can you hold me up? I weigh like a thousand pounds. I mean I figured you were strong but not this strong." He dropped me in the truck and turned around with a perplexed look on his face.

"Seriously Jessica? You're lighter than a feather. It was like carrying a baby on my back. You're perfect just the way you are." His words were soft and honest. He did that thing again. When he looked into my eyes instead of looking at my eyes. I loved it when he did this. He was flawless when he looked at me. Everything about him is completely perfect.

"Thanks Austin. Did I tell you how much I love your eyes?" The words just rolled off my tongue with perfect ease. The way I let my walls down around him was just unheard of. I always kept my walls up. It didn't matter who I was around or what the person meant to me. I don't even let my walls down around my family members. I felt like I could trust him with every ounce of my being.

"No you haven't" Austin smiled and blushed while looking down.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your smile. My favorite part is how your dimples peek out when you blush." I couldn't help but blush and smile showing my dimples. He made me so incredibly happy without even trying. I wonder if he knows how happy he makes me.

"No you haven't. But thank you! I really love your smile too." I tried to stop smiling but it wasn't working. Austin looked at me with a serious face and leaned in while closing his eyes. I placed my hands on the back of his head and closed my eyes. When I could feel his breath on my lips my heart began racing. Just as our lips were about to touch, we were interrupted again.

"Hey Mahone! Coach smith wants to talk to you!" A boy who was very skinny and somewhat tall yelled from the side walk about 15 feet away.

"Thank you Tyler." Austin replied back very annoyed. His eyes said so much more than his mouth. He seemed regretful, sad, and disappointed. I looked at him and gave him a half smile reassuring him it was okay.