Chapter 21

Song of the chapter : One step at a time by Jordan Sparks.

"Hi sweetie I didn't know you were home. Where's the car?"

"Oh it wouldn't start at school so a friend dropped me off."

"Well can you tell Austin I said thank you and to come down here?" My mom put her hands on her hips and looked at me with a serious face.

"Watchu talkin bout?" I said it in a funny voice to try and lighten the mood but that was not working at all.

"Jessica Paige I know Austin is here. I saw the truck in the driveway. I want to talk to him now." Oh crap. How was Austin going to handle this? My mom was not happy at all. She knows how hurt I was because of Austin but I loved him. It didn't matter how rocky our past was. The only thing that mattered at this point was our future. I nodded at my mom once and went slowly up the stairs. I walked into my room and saw Austin's head in his hands.

"Do you think my head is gonna get ripped off?"

"Austin? She may be pissed at us right now but she knows how happy you make me and she will get over it."

"Okay. Stay here. Please? I want to do this just her and I. It would make it more personal and I need to earn her trust and respect back. I really messed things up here and it was only me. I can't have you cleaning up the mess I made. I love you but please. This is something I need to do." I was pleased at how mature Austin was being right now. Our little break really did him some good. I mean it was only about 2 months but it was the worst 2 months of my entire life. I felt completely empty. Like I had nothing left to live for with out Austin. I grabbed his hand and swung it back and forth.

"Alright. I understand. Hopefully she gives you a lot more respect. You need it right now."

"Yeah I really do." He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me tightly. He kissed the top of my head and let go of me.

"If I don't make it out of here alive I just want you to know I love you."

"Shut up Austin! She's not that bad. Well at least I hope not."

He smiled slightly and walked out of the room. I followed a few steps behind him and sat at the bottom of the stairs.

"Austin. I seem to be under the impression that you and my daughter are back together. It's ridiculous right? I mean any guy in his right mind would know that I would never let some asshole that broke my baby's heart back into her life. So study buddies right?"

"No mam. I'm sorry to inform you but your daughter and I are back together. I can't be away from her. I know you guys must hate me for doing that to her. I mean I hate myself more and more everyday for doing that to her. I will never forgive myself ever. But you need to know that nothing can keep me away from her. I don't care if I have to take a bullet for her. Whatever it is I'll do it. I know you aren't ready to hear this but, I'm in love with your daughter and nothing in this world can change that." I put my hand over my mouth as a tear slipped from my eye. He didn't just love me. He was in love with me. I was happy that I could honestly say I was in love with him too. I walked back up to my room and flopped onto my bed. I couldn't wait for Austin to come back up here.

"Jess? Will you come down here for a moment please?" My mom was requesting my presence and i did as instructed. I stepped lightly into the kitchen area and saw Austin at the counter with his hands folded neatly on the counter top and my mom across from him.

"Yeah? Is everything okay?"

"Yes sweetheart everything is fine. Austin managed to earn a good chunk of my respect back but it's gonna take time for me to fully trust him again. Long story short you two have my blessing." I can't believe she was so accepting. Maybe Austin said something amazing that sold it for her when I was in my room.

"Seriously? Mom don't be playin with my emotions like that. Are you being for serious right now? Like for real serious?"

"Jessica I cannot stand it when your ratchet girl comes out. Just go cuddle or what ever y'all love monkeys do."

"I love you mom! Thank you so much!"

"I know I know. You always love mom when she agrees. Okay I need to go into work early because an intern just completely screwed up our filing systems and bank statements go out tomorrow so Michele and I need to fix it all."

"Okay when do you go in?"

"In about 25 minutes. I'm sorry you won't have breakfast but I need to do this. I love you goodnight. Oh and Austin? Thanks for all the help. You two behave yourselves now."

"Yes mam." I looked over at Austin and slid my arms around his waist. He pulled me into him and I could her his heart beat through his chest. I smiled into his shirt and looked up at him.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked austin while scanning his face for anything. It was blank.

"What do you mean?"

"I can feel your heart beating out of your chest. It's going a mile a minute. Am I making you nervous?" I smirked up at him while moving my hand up his arm. I could feel the goose bumps under his skin form and it pleased me.

"Um just a little bit." His words were rushed as he grabbed my face an kissed me forcefully. I pulled at the hair on the back of his head and threw my head back when he began kissing my neck. He looked me in the eyes and his cool breath danced across my lips. I kissed his jawline until I was at the corner of his lips. He turned his face towards me and grabbed my waist. His fingers pushed into the skin above my sweat pants. I gasped at how intense his touch was. He chuckled slightly and took that as a chance to slip his tongue into my mouth. He explored all of my sweet spots like he never forgot where they were. I pulled his head back and looked at him desperately. I grabbed his hands and led him towards my bedroom.