Chapter 20

Song of the chapter: Love Will Remember By: Selena Gomez

~Jessica~

"Jess please let me come in. I know it hurts now but I promise it will get better." My mom has tried for the past few days to get through to me. It obviously wasn't working. I didn't reply and she just sighed at my door.

"Sweetie the whole family is coming down tomorrow so we can go to the beach. Are you going with us?" I honestly loved the beach. If I could just take my car and live on the sand I would. But the thought of leaving made my head throb.

"Maybe. You'll know if I get in the car tomorrow." Those were the first words I said to my mom in over 4 days. The only person I talked to was Alex. He was the only one who understood. He was coming over in a few minutes. My mom was praising him. If it weren't for him i'd be dead. I wasn't eating anything or bathing or even moving. I literally stayed in my bed since Sunday night. It's now Thursday. Alex came over Tuesday and that was the first time I talked. He brought up a pizza and Dr. Pepper and that was the first thing I let past my lips in 3 days. He was honestly worried about me. I found out Austin was leaving for Miami soon. He was supposed to be there for a few weeks. Maybe that will make school easier. I'm just glad it's spring break and I'm not falling behind in school.

"Jess! Alex is here."

"Okay." I only gave few words to Alex here and there but yesterday when we talked about austin I wouldn't shut up. Alex said he hasn't talked to Austin much because of his actions but they still talked once or twice every day. He was always asking how I was doing or if I talked about him.

"Hey Jess. Feeling any better?"

"Surprisingly yeah. I think I'm gonna go with my family to the beach tomorrow. But I'm not fully decided yet." Alex was still standing in my doorway which was a little off but I brushed it off. I got out of bed and grabbed my old cheer duffel bag and started packing.

"You know you can come in right?" I gave Alex a weird look and he just looked down.

"I'm sorry Jess, I had to do it. You wouldn't let it go of I didn't. Please don't be mad."

"Why would I b-" My heart dropped to floor and I felt a lump in my throat when Alex moved from the door frame. I saw the one person that broke me. Austin. He looked somewhat upset but no where near what I looked like.

"Alex why would you do that? How could you do that?" I was whispering so low that only I could hear myself.

"I'm sorry Jessica I know I'm probably the last person you wanted to talk to right now. But I needed to say goodbye. I'm moving and I needed to tell my loved ones goodbye."

"Moving? I thought you were just going for a few weeks?" My voice was breaking and I finally met Austin's gaze. He was watching me the entire time. His eyes looked sad and glossed over. Most likely he had been crying.

"Yeah. we're gonna go find a house out in Miami and then come back here and pack up the house. I just needed to tell you goodbye."

"O-okay thank you." My eyes were burning like acid and my heart was pumping faster and faster. I clenched my fists and pushed past the boys. I ran down stairs and out the front door. I heard foot steps following me and I ran faster. I didn't know where I was going but my legs did. They took me to the park. The park where Austin showed me the most amazing song I've ever heard. I stopped in my tracks and for some odd reason I smiled. I smiled at all the amazing memories we shared I smiled at the fact that I was the happiest I'd ever been. I felt two familiar arms around my waist and the same captivating scent in my nose. I don't know what came over me but I turned around and laced my arms around Austin's neck. I cried on his shoulder and we stayed like that for about 10 minutes. He finally whispered something to me.