Chapter 18

Song of the chapter: Crazier by Taylor Swift

~Jessica~

So today is the day. Austin is leaving for Miami in 2 hours. We had his car all packed up and ready to go. His mom was driving us there and I would take her car back. I was a little upset that both of them were going considering I got along so great with Michele and we could just hang out. But she was Austin's manager and I needed to respect that. I climbed into the back seat and austin followed. We were silent the entire time and it was a comfortable silence. I wasn't as upset anymore because I really loved Austin. I trusted my heart in his hands. Just like the song he wrote me, 'Your heart is in my hands'. It really was.

"Here we go. Jess I hope you aren't too lonely that we'll be gone for so long." Michele was almost crying at the thought of me being alone. I loved how worried she was. She honestly cared and I loved it. I moved over to Austin and his eyes didn't leave the ground. I pulled his face up to mine and smiled when I looked at his lips.

"Don't let those perfect pink lips touch anyone. Kay?" I looked up at austin and smiled when he placed those perfect pink lips on mine.

"Never in a million years." I smiled into his chest and pulled back. He began walking towards the boarding area and stopped dead in his tracks. He dropped his bags and ran towards me. He picked me up and spun me around without hesitation. I giggled like a little girl as I felt his arm muscles tense up around me.

"I love you Jess. Don't forget that."

"I promise I couldn't even if you wanted me to. Have a safe flight. I love you more Austin." He kissed me one last time and it was a simple kiss that made my heart skip a beat. It lasted for what seemed like an hour but he sadly pulled away.

"I'll call you as soon as I land. Be careful driving home." I waved at austin as he boarded the plane and began fading. I was on my way back to the car when I saw Alex in the lobby.

"Hey kiddo what are you doing here?" I asked playfully. Alex looked back up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Whoa Alex what happened? Are you okay?"

"NO JESS IM NOT OKAY! DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM OKAY!?"

"Jeez jerk I was just asking. What the hell happened?"

"Sarah dumped me for Robert. she left me for my best friend. Who does that? God I hate both of them."

"Alex she wasn't even worth it. I know you can do so much better. Come on bud let's go home." Alex looked up at me with a half smile. I myself was ready to break because of Austin leaving but Alex's situation was more important at the moment. We got to my house and Alex and I went up to my room.

"Are you hungry? I could order a pizza?" I looked over at Alex who was sitting on the edge of my bed fumbling with his hands. He was looking down and nodded once.

"That's fine."

"Come on Alex! Cheer up I need to talk to you about earlier."

"Oh yeah austin left earlier. How'd it go?"

"Pretty good I guess. I didn't cry as much as I thought I would."

"Nope that was my job earlier. God I just can't believe this would happen to me."

"Alex I know it hurts but at least Robert didn't say yes. He did say no right?"

"Yeah of course. I mean he knows bro code so Sarah is off limits. But the fact that she had the audacity to go for Rob. It just pisses me off!" Alex was yelling and he threw a pillow across the room. it knocked over some stuff on my shelf but I wasn't mad at all. He had every right to be upset. I kneeled down to meet his gaze and noticed he still had tears In his eyes.