Chapter 19

Song of the chapter: Red light By David Nail

~Austin~

I heard Jessica talking loudly down stairs so I decided to see what was going on. She sounded like she was arguing with someone so I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and listened. My heart immediately sank. I tried so hard to make sure she didn't find out. I promise it wasn't what it looks like but the paparazzi always take things out of context. Yes Camilla and I kissed but she kissed me first. I moved back the second it happened and they only got the kiss. I don't want anything to happen between Jess and I but she knows that Camilla and I had a past.

"Jessica it's not what it looks like please hear me out."

"Get. Out. Of. My. House."

"Baby please talk to me you don't understand."

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND? YOU FUCKING CHEATED ON ME AUSTIN! GET OUT NOW!"

She was hitting my arm and just stopped. She began sobbing into my arms and dropped slowly. I dropped to the floor with her and listened to her sobs. I needed to feel the pain I caused her. I needed to understand so I could make it better.

"Why Austin? What did I ever do to you? You know I would never hurt you like that."

"I know Jess." I noticed a tear trail down my face and I didn't bother wiping it away. She sat in my arms for a few minutes before getting up and pacing. she let out a huff of air and began rubbing her face. She placed her hands on her hips and looked anywhere but in my direction.

"Ugh okay you need to leave. I don't think I can look at you right now. I need some time to think."

"No I get it. But where do we stand?"

"What do you think Austin? I can guarantee it's not good." I looked her in the eyes and noticed tears forming.

"Jess." I barely managed to let out a small whisper.

"Please just go Austin. I don't want you here. Please." Her words hit me like a bullet. I looked at her trembling hands and nodded once. I pulled her head towards me and placed a small kiss on her head. She wrapped her arms around me and I felt a tear through my shirt. I opened the front door and began my journey home. Since my mom dropped me off assuming I would be staying the night I had to walk home. I broke her. She was no longer the happy, beautiful and some what insecure girl that I have come to know and love. I reached my front door and twisted the knob lightly so I didn't wake my mom. With my luck she was still awake and knew I had been crying.

"Austin what happened?"

"Jess found the picture. She wouldn't listen to me and we broke up."

"Sweetie I am so sorry if There is anyt-"

"I just need to be alone right now. I'm going to bed night mom." I kissed her cheek and put my hands in my pockets as I trudged up the stairs. When I reached my room I slowly shut the door behind me and a tear slipped past my eye. I didn't care anymore I hurt Jess so bad I made her a totally different person. I crawled into my bed and threw the comforter over my head. As much as I tried I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about how much I hurt Jess. It was about 3 in the morning now an I had literally spent 12 hours just lying in bed being broken. I didn't even get the chance to tell her I was leaving. I didn't get to ask her to move with me. I don't get the opportunity to love her anymore.