Chapter 9

I walked towards the kitchen table and sat across from my mom. We talked about going to Whataburger with Rob and Alex and how cute Alex and Sarah were together. We even talked a little bit about the boys winning the game. Eventually we got to the kiss. I explained how I felt and what happened between us.

"So are you guys dating now?" My mom's eyes were practically bulging out of her head when she asked me about Austin.

"Yeah he asked me this morning. That's why I'm wearing his jersey." I was looking down and smiling because it finally made sense. Everything was falling into place because of this move. It always felt like I was in a rut when I lived in Miami but now that we're back here everything is perfect.

"I'm glad you finally picked a good one Jess! I never told you but i really hated Danny. I always thought you were too good for him. He played lacrosse and he was kind of stupid. But Austin seems like a good guy and I approve." Danny is my ex-boyfriend from Miami. He was kind of stupid but he was tall dark and handsome. After we broke up he moved onto the school's bimbo Stephanie. She was cute but she was even more stupid than Danny.

"Yeah i guess. But you are 100% correct about Austin. He doesn't play lacrosse but he plays football and soccer and runs track and basketball and he's gonna join the swim team. He is also really smart. I think i picked a great one mom." I looked at my mom and noticed she was happily smiling at me while placing her hair up letting me know she was going to bed.

"Yeah you did. I'm gonna go to bed sweetheart. I love you." She kissed my forehead and began walking up the stairs. It almost slipped my mind that I forgot to ask about tomorrow.

"OH! Mom can I go ice skating with Austin tomorrow? It was his idea." I looked at my mom hopeful that she would she would say yes and realize that he is more eventful than any guy I've ever dated and realize how happy I am.

"Ummm yeah go for it. Goodnight I love you." She reached her room and closed the door. I was happily dancing my way up to my room when I heard my phone ring in the kitchen. I rushed to the kitchen and answered the phone just in time to hear Austin's voice on the other end.

"Hey cutie! I'm gonna pick you up around 12:30 so we can sleep in a little tomorrow. Now get some sleep and be ready for the best date tomorrow. Goodnight sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite." I didn't have time to reply before he hung up the phone and the other line went dead. I moved the phone from my ear and shook my head. I went to room and as soon as my face hit the pillow I was out like a light.

*************************************

I rolled over and noticed it was already 10:50 I had plenty of time but I felt like I needed to rush. I ran to the bathroom took a shower brushed my teeth and did that all in about 10 minutes. I went back to my room and stared at my full closet and decided I had nothing to wear. I went through my dresser drawers and found my tribal print black and white leggings. I paired them with a tan sweater, light brown riding boots and a tan and white beanie. I didn't feel like putting my contacts in so I wore my black hipster like glasses. I curled my hair into little ringlets. Once they fell I sprayed them with hairspray and went downstairs. It was about 12:15 so I made a quick snack.

"Well you look really cute!" A familiar voice came from the living room. It sounded like it was my aunt Deena but she was in Florida. I slowly turned around and I couldn't believe my eyes. Aunt Deena was right there. I practically jumped over the kitchen counter to get to her. She hugged me just as tightly and we were just hugging for about 3 minutes.

"What are you doing here?! I thought you were in Tallahassee?"

"Well I decided I couldn't be away from you guys for too long so I decided to move back to Texas! I'm gonna be staying with you guys for a few weeks until I get settled. But unfortunately I will be living in San Antonio." I wasn't that upset about her being in San Antonio. It was only a 15 minute drive here and back. I took a granola bar from the pantry and grabbed a glass of juice. I quickly began eating and talking at the same time anticipating Austin's arrival.