Chapter 10

We march into a room in a single file line. Evlyn is standing in front of me, and Taita stands behind me. The room we are in is a huge cement square. I look around, there are practice sets every where. There are targets for knife throwing and gun shooting, rope structures for balance and climbing practice, wrestling rink for hand-to-hand combat practice. Everywhere I looked there are different sets for practice. "This is amazing!" I whisper to Tatia, who is gaping at the practice sets like me.  

 Earlier that morning, Laker explained the simple details of training. Apparently everyone in this room with us is a "New Agent." The rebels, or RAN leaders set up a simple plan. All of the new agents will train with Lambert for 6 months. After the 6 months are over, The new agents will take a test to see who actually becomes an agent for the RAN cause, and who does not.  I was surprised to hear that they actually turned people down and asked Laker about this. "Very few people are willing to join you..the Rebels... I mean us... so why do they turn them away?"  Laker just laughed and assured me they would all be trained for something else like tech, or crafting weapons. "Everyone has their place here." He told me.

Not only are Tatia and I  "New agents," But Laker and Evlyn are too. Laker knows all about the training because his older brother went through it, and passed a year ago. There are about 20 other new agents with us. 

"Attention!" I turn to see Lambert standing in front of our group. "I will say this once, and only once. I am in charge. If I tell you to jump, you jump. If I tell you to run, you run. If I tell you to do anything, it will happen. Do I make myself very clear?" "Yes, sir." Everyone in the room shouts in unison. 

"All right." Lambert begins pacing. "Over the next 6 months, you will be training to become Agents for the RAN cause. Not everyone will make it. Some might not even last through the 6 months. So..." He looks at each one of us individually. "I will tell you my three rules. 1. I am in charge. 2. No romance between any of you during these 6 months. If you are caught in an act of romance, you will immediately be kicked out. 3. No leaving this building. Everyone has a dorm assigned to them, you will stay here for the next 6 months until training is over.  Does everyone understand?" "Yes, sir." We all reply.

Lambert smiles and says, "Ok then, let's begin training." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!!

1) What do you think of Lambert?

2) How do you think Kaline will cope with training?

Comment below on any feedback you have!! 

Love, Bailey McKnight