Chapter 11

For our first day of training, Lambert has us do what he calls " A simple work out session." It turned out to be a lot harder than that. 

I am currently doing pushups with the rest of our group. The goal is to be the last one still doing pushups. Lambert made it very clear that the winner would receive a huge prize.  Kids are dropping left and right. 140...141...142... I look around, it is only me, Tatia, Laker, and another boy left still doing pushups. 147..148..149..150... Tatia drops to the floor exhausted. My arms are shaking violently but I continue. 169..170...171... Laker drops. Now it is just me and the boy. 

I do not know why I am so determined to win this competition. Maybe it is because I want to show everyone what I can do. 

"GO KALINE!" Evlyn shouts, earning a glare from Lambert. 199...200..I can't bear anymore pushups. I drop to the floor completely out of energy. I hear a cry of victory come from the boy next to me. I was disappointed in myself for not winning, but I knew that boy probably wanted the reward more than I did. After a minute or two of lying on the floor I peel myself up, and walk over to Laker and Tatia. 

"Who is that kid?" I ask Laker. "Who him?" He asks pointing to the boy who won the competition. "Yeah." I confirm. "Oh, that is Zander, and he is no one you want to mess with. His father is one of the most powerful RAN leaders." Laker says. "Some say he is born to become an agent. Strong, determined, cruel." Evlyn joins in.

I can see Zander gloating in the corner. "I hate people like that." I mutter. "Oh trust me honey so do I." Tatia says. I notice that Zander is heading my way. 

"Awww poor baby can't handle a couple of pushups can we?" Zander snickers. "You should just let us big boys take care of the hard work, and you can just go home to your mommy." He smiles and walks away.

His words stung just a little, but I knew he was only trying to get to me. "Don't listen to him Kaline, you're just as good as him."Tatia assures me.

*                    *                       *                        *                        *

Tatia, Evlyn and I make our way to the women's dorms. We found out that we share a dorm. There is one more girl that will be staying with.

"Dorm 298 is the first one on you left." The assistant tells us. 

I walk into our dorm room to see a small girl with light blonde , almost white hair sitting on one of the beds. "Hi." She says jumping off the bed to come meet us all. "I am Tori." She says calmly. Her eyes are a soft blue and she has pale skin. "It is nice to meet you Tori, this is Evlyn, this is Tatia, and I am Kaline." "It's so nice to meet you!" She says and then laughs. "This is going to be so fun!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of new characters!!

Thanks for reading!

1) What do you think of Zander?

2) What do you think of Tori so far?

Thanks again!

Love, Bailey McKnight