Chapter 18

The next day...

Astrid

"Today's the big day!" Effie said with a huge smile plastered on her face when she sees me coming out with my hair all messed up from my beauty sleep and a small yawn comes out of the my mouth.

"Yeah yeah, I just want to eat breakfast and get this done and over with..." I said as I sit down on the chair and I see all of the food just showing itself off for me to eat.

"Astrid, you know that Matthew is only jealous of you and that boy," Haymitch said when he walked into the room.

"You reckon?" I said and he nods.

"Definitely. He is a really nice boy. I know he wouldn't betray you at the start of the games." Haymitch said with a huge smile spread on his face.

"But I don't know if I will be able to survive in the bloodbath today..." I mumbled and the old man sighed.

"Astrid, just remember what we have taught you. But, get the bow and arrows later in the games if you can. If you have a good advantage of getting it, then get it. If not, ditch the center and go far away from it as possible." Haymitch explained.

"Alright. But what if Matthew wants to team up with me?" I asked.

"Don't bother, he will only slow you down." Haymitch said as the young boy comes in.

"Are we talking about that Hiccup guy?" Matthew said while sitting down beside me and I look at Haymitch with needy eyes.

"Yes we are, it would only slow Astrid down if they teamed up..." Haymitch said, making up an excuse and I sighed in relief to myself. Thank you Haymitch.

"Well, I was wondering if we could partner up in the games?" Matthew asked and I look in his direction.

"It's best if we don't. I want to be by myself for the start of the games so I can get out of there as quickly as possible. If we find each other at all after the bloodbath, that is possible." I said putting my hand on my chin still thinking about it.

"Well, we can do that if you want." Matthew said and I smile.

"Yes of course. Just don't get killed out there." I said patting his shoulder before digging into the food. Hopefully I don't see him at all in the games....

"Awesome!" He said before digging into his breakfast as well and I look at Haymitch who nods in the agreement.

"Just remember the tips that me and Effie had told you. You stick to the game and try to win this thing." Haymitch said to Matthew and he nods while throwing a bit of toast into his mouth. A few minutes later after breakfast, I quickly go towards my room and I get changed into what I am wearing in the games, and the last thing I saw at the corner of my eye was my sisters mocking jay pin. As I pick it up from the table, a felt a couple of tears roll down my cheeks. Alissa.... The only reason why I was here.... To save her life and risk mine... I wanted to protect her.... And that's exactly what I am going to do...

"Astrid, are you alright?" Effie said as she walked into the room and I turn around to her with a tear rolling down my cheek.

"No.... I only did this for Alissa...." I mumbled and she came over to me and put the mocking jay pin onto my black shirt.

"Astrid, look at me." She said and I did exactly what she told me.

"I reckon you will win the games, just remember what your sister did! She was in the final 5 of the hunger games two years ago I reckon you could beat them all and get your reputation back for district 12." Effie said before giving me a hug and I return it.

"Good luck out there, Hofferson." She said before moving out of the way to reveal Matthew and Haymitch standing there.

"Come on, it's time for you guys to get the rest of your stuff from your stylists before the games begin." Haymitch said and I walk up the stairs and I stop at Haymitch.

"Thank you..." I mumbled before walking past him, going towards the elevator.

A few minutes later...

As I walk towards Cinner, I started to feel sweat going at my forehead. Today is the day that I get to show myself off, the day I get to show that district 12 isn't just a scrumpy dump, I want to show that district 12 is a better district then any other can be!

"Are you ready?" Cinner said as I walk into the room, shaking. 

"I think so," I mumbled and he passes me a jacket. 

"Put this on," Cinner said and I did exactly what I told him to do, then he went close to me and he zipped up my jacket, putting his finger on his lips to tell me just to stay silent and he leaves the top of it open to show my one thing from home, my mocking jay pin, representing my sister. 

"If I could bet, I would bet on you." He said hugging me and I hug back. 

"Good luck." He said as he points over to where a pipe is which contains a size enough for a tribute and I start to walk towards it. 

"If I die.... Can you tell Effie to say that I love my family?" I say and he nods.

"Of course." He said before I go into the clear pipe and the door closes on me which makes me start to freak out. I guess this is time for me to go into the games. As the pipe goes up, I continued to look at Cinner until there was no sight of him anymore, and not long after, I appeared into the hunger games arena. It looks to well done, all the weapons in the middle, the forest, and for a quick moment, I noticed that I see a pack of arrows with a silver bow! THERE'S MY FAVOURITE WEAPON! They were right about the bow and arrows! 

As I look around the area, I had noticed that everyone was death glaring each other, especially with Hiccup and Matthew. I wonder why the two of them are acting that way. A couple of moments later, I see that the timer had started to go down from 30. 

30...

29...

 28...

As I keep looking around the area, I had noticed that there were a lot of people looking around at each other, excited and ready to kill or that they were scared to death to see when their death is appealed today. 

10...

9...

8...

I love you mother.... Alissa.... Alex.... Father... I won't let you down....

3...

2...

1...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

[XxPinkSkyxX2 xD]