chapter six (pan)

Chapter six (Pan)

I hop to my feet, cursing. I obviously took her word too seriously. This time, she would pay for the inconveniences she's caused.

"Felix!" I call, knowing Adelia couldn't get too far away.

"Yes, Pan?" Felix responds, walking into the clearing, spear in hand.

"Find her." I order through gritted teeth. "And bring her to me."

He nods, and the other boys join him in charging into the dense jungle. I grab my dagger and rush into the woods, using my tracking skills to get an idea of where she's going. I see shoe-prints in the dirt, and suddenly I realize where she's headed.

I decide to go alone, using the last of my pixie dust to float above the trees. I fly to the shore and spot a large ship, with "The Jolly Rodger" crudely painted along the side in peeling paint. It's anchored about a hundred meters from shore, surrounded by dark blue (if not black) water. I land on the ship's mast, and climb down, where the captain awaits me.

"Why, can I help you, lad?" asks the Captain, with charmingly yet sarcastic grin.

"I'm looking for a girl." I state, my eyebrow raising. I cross my arms, and study the ship.

The Captain chuckles for a while, "Aren't we all?"

I circle him, and he stands still, not looking at me directly.

"Where is she?" I ask, but it comes out as a snarl.

The captain ruffles his dark hair, and thats when I realize he has a hook for a hand. "Listen, boy, there ain't no girl on this here ship." he insists.

I clutch my dagger so hard my knuckles turn white. Hook takes a hint and pulls his sword out of it's holster.

"Didn't you're mother ever tell you?" I ask, moving in closer by the second. "It's not polite to lie." Using magic, I re-appear behind him. He turns, obviously surprised by my magical properties.

The fight begins, we clash, dagger to sword, calling each-other names through gritted teeth. After a few short-seeming minutes, he's wearing out.

Luckily, I have yet to ever feel tiredness.

I finally have him.

I shove him against the mast, and he stifles a moan. I rearrange my grip on the dagger, and prepare to slit his throat, when I hear foot-steps advancing towards me.

"Stop." Adelia orders.